"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-14-2014, 07:25 PM   #11
Head Chef

A french style recipe for duck 'confit'. Marinading the 4 legs overnight with bayleaves, fresh sage, garlic and some salt. Slowly simmered today in a little water (can be white wine) for 2 hours. Had them with some small new potatoes (cooked in the same pan) and sliced runner beans. (The other 2 legs I will heat up till crisp tomorrow with potato wedges).

Old 12-14-2014, 07:32 PM   #12
Certified Pretend Chef

SO has occasionally been making pizza at her new part-time job so she wanted to try it at home. So tonight, I made a batch of dough and defrosted some sauce so she could make the crust from the dough and assemble the pizza. We settled on a roast chicken and jalapeño pizza. It was pretty good!

Old 12-14-2014, 07:45 PM   #13
Head Chef

Tonight it was lasagna roll up's.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:47 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Sunday December 14th, 2014

Beautiful, S&P. I love lasagna rollups!

Pretty veggies, Cheryl!
Old 12-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #15
Master Chef

Tis the Christmas season and the community choir I sing in had 2 concerts this weekend. I decided to get take out tonight. DH was nice and went to KFC and picked up a bucket of chicken with all the sides and biscuits for us.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:18 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Grey and coolish here today and it seems as though the humidity is up a bit, too, which makes the temp feel cooler than it really is. So....traditional Sunday dinner straight from the comfort food department.

Roast beef with mushrooms and onions, lotsa gravy, mashed taters, steamed broccoli bits, iced tea and the last of our Little Debbie Christmas tree cookie cakes.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:32 PM   #17
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
My tummy has been bothering me for quite a while now, so I'm on the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast - iwo, extra bland) to see if it helps.
Sorry to hear about your tummy.

I was on the BRAT tonight, too. As in BRATwurst. All of the brat talk in another thread made me hungry for them. Of course, we had the requisite homemade sauerkraut as the side.

Now if my Packers had only played well today, instead of looking like a second rate high school team, it would have been a good day all around.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:04 PM   #18
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
More times than not, if it requires real clothes and shoes, I'm improvising.

I roasted some chicken wings today so will be having some of those.

I went to the farm stand yesterday morning, so hopefully this afternoon's dinner will involve these beauties. I've never made swiss chard before, but those big colorful leaves looked so beautiful that I couldn't resist. Six freshly picked enormous leaves for $1. I'm thinking of sautéeing them in a little bacon fat, garlic, onions, and a little lemon juice, and I have some pine nuts I could toast to top.

I was excited to see the huge green tomatoes - I've been craving fried green tomatoes for a long time.

What a find that is Cheryl..Yumm Yummm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
My tummy has been bothering me for quite a while now, so I'm on the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast - iwo, extra bland) to see if it helps. DH roasted a chicken, made rice and bought applesauce for dinner. I love that man
So glad you have a keeper DH too, GG. Feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt and pepper View Post
Tonight it was lasagna roll up's.

Beautiful S&P......my favorite way for easy serving!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:38 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
Sorry to hear about your tummy.

I was on the BRAT tonight, too. As in BRATwurst. All of the brat talk in another thread made me hungry for them. Of course, we had the requisite homemade sauerkraut as the side.

Now if my Packers had only played well today, instead of looking like a second rate high school team, it would have been a good day all around.
Thanks. That sounds good. Once I'm past this, bratwurst will be on the menu sometime. There's a specialty butchery nearby that makes their own sausages and other goodies. I want to try theirs.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:59 PM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Leftover Chicken Paprikash and Spaetzle here. I think I'll fry up some cabbage too with bacon and onion.
I added some pickled beets to the fried cabbage at the last minute.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote