Sunday December 14th, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nippy here today.Brrrr.

Made a huge roasting pan of Chicken & Dumplings.
They can eat it when they want it.I'm Officially off duty as of now.

Boredom will set in at about 2:00pm...:LOL:

Tonight will be homemade pizza, I'm craving pizza and have everything in the house and don't need to get dressed and run to the grocery store for ingredients. It was going to be baked beans, but I was lacking dry beans and that would have required putting on pants

:LOL: Bakechef! Yes, dry beans do require pants. Wasn't it Jamie Oliver who had a show called The Naked Chef?

Thinking spaghetti and meat sauce here. We're sick of leftover tuna casserole and I froze the rest of the lentil soup. So much for getting rid of musgoes.

Well not to cook them but to go and buy them :LOL: I can only imagine the looks I'd get at the grocery store, I'd have to go yelling "nothing to see here, I just need some beans!"

Well not to cook them but to go and buy them :LOL: I can only imagine the looks I'd get at the grocery store, I'd have to go yelling "nothing to see here, I just need some beans!"

Here they only look at people wearing Hello Kitty Jammies.

:LOL: More times than not, if it requires real clothes and shoes, I'm improvising. :ohmy::LOL:

I roasted some chicken wings today so will be having some of those.

I went to the farm stand yesterday morning, so hopefully this afternoon's dinner will involve these beauties. I've never made swiss chard before, but those big colorful leaves looked so beautiful that I couldn't resist. Six freshly picked enormous leaves for $1. :ohmy: I'm thinking of sautéeing them in a little bacon fat, garlic, onions, and a little lemon juice, and I have some pine nuts I could toast to top.

I was excited to see the huge green tomatoes - I've been craving fried green tomatoes for a long time. :yum:

img_1402360_0_b6ff564e099259ce5e19f94f10c62f14.jpg

My tummy has been bothering me for quite a while now, so I'm on the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast - iwo, extra bland) to see if it helps. DH roasted a chicken, made rice and bought applesauce for dinner. I love that man :wub:

A french style recipe for duck 'confit'. Marinading the 4 legs overnight with bayleaves, fresh sage, garlic and some salt. Slowly simmered today in a little water (can be white wine) for 2 hours. Had them with some small new potatoes (cooked in the same pan) and sliced runner beans. (The other 2 legs I will heat up till crisp tomorrow with potato wedges).

SO has occasionally been making pizza at her new part-time job so she wanted to try it at home. So tonight, I made a batch of dough and defrosted some sauce so she could make the crust from the dough and assemble the pizza. We settled on a roast chicken and jalapeño pizza. It was pretty good!

Beautiful, S&P. I love lasagna rollups!

Pretty veggies, Cheryl!

Tis the Christmas season and the community choir I sing in had 2 concerts this weekend. I decided to get take out tonight. DH was nice and went to KFC and picked up a bucket of chicken with all the sides and biscuits for us.

Grey and coolish here today and it seems as though the humidity is up a bit, too, which makes the temp feel cooler than it really is. So....traditional Sunday dinner straight from the comfort food department.

Roast beef with mushrooms and onions, lotsa gravy, mashed taters, steamed broccoli bits, iced tea and the last of our Little Debbie Christmas tree cookie cakes.

My tummy has been bothering me for quite a while now, so I'm on the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast - iwo, extra bland) to see if it helps.

Sorry to hear about your tummy.

I was on the BRAT tonight, too. As in BRATwurst. All of the brat talk in another thread made me hungry for them. Of course, we had the requisite homemade sauerkraut as the side. :yum:

Now if my Packers had only played well today, instead of looking like a second rate high school team, it would have been a good day all around. :rolleyes:

:LOL: More times than not, if it requires real clothes and shoes, I'm improvising. :ohmy::LOL:

I roasted some chicken wings today so will be having some of those.

I went to the farm stand yesterday morning, so hopefully this afternoon's dinner will involve these beauties. I've never made swiss chard before, but those big colorful leaves looked so beautiful that I couldn't resist. Six freshly picked enormous leaves for $1. :ohmy: I'm thinking of sautéeing them in a little bacon fat, garlic, onions, and a little lemon juice, and I have some pine nuts I could toast to top.

I was excited to see the huge green tomatoes - I've been craving fried green tomatoes for a long time.

img_1402373_0_b6ff564e099259ce5e19f94f10c62f14.jpg

What a find that is Cheryl..Yumm Yummm.

My tummy has been bothering me for quite a while now, so I'm on the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast - iwo, extra bland) to see if it helps. DH roasted a chicken, made rice and bought applesauce for dinner. I love that man :wub:
So glad you have a keeper DH too, GG. Feel better soon!

Tonight it was lasagna roll up's.

img_1402373_1_3427911463e5b6224b1e23b2106d4a66.jpg

img_1402373_2_0fd69283d38a5a2bdf03d8f1cda66bef.jpg

Beautiful S&P......my favorite way for easy serving!

Sorry to hear about your tummy.

I was on the BRAT tonight, too. As in BRATwurst. All of the brat talk in another thread made me hungry for them. Of course, we had the requisite homemade sauerkraut as the side. :yum:

Now if my Packers had only played well today, instead of looking like a second rate high school team, it would have been a good day all around. :rolleyes:

Thanks. That sounds good. Once I'm past this, bratwurst will be on the menu sometime. There's a specialty butchery nearby that makes their own sausages and other goodies. I want to try theirs.

Back
Top Bottom