Sunday Dinner, 1/16/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL!! We do whatever works, don't we?

Exactly!! Funny, my kids are envious of their friends who go out to eat and/or get junk food whenever they want. Those kids (more specifically their parents) are envious that we have good homecooked meals. I keep telling myself that someday I'll be invited to dinner at my kids' houses and it will be a good homecooked meal...then I'll know they got it!!

Exactly!! Funny, my kids are envious of their friends who go out to eat and/or get junk food whenever they want. Those kids (more specifically their parents) are envious that we have good homecooked meals. I keep telling myself that someday I'll be invited to dinner at my kids' houses and it will be a good homecooked meal...then I'll know they got it!!

I keep trying to trick my sons into learning how to cook. Told my 14-year-old last night that I would teach him how to make chili sometime...he didn't even roll his eyes! Maybe I'm getting to him...:cool:

Since I've introduced Cornish hens to my husband he's always happy to have them for dinner, so........

Tonight I roasted two hens stuffed with wild rice, dried cranberries, toasted pecans and onions, served them with buttered baby peas, hot homemade rolls, and iced tea. We finished the fresh coconut cake for dessert.

Had enough of nearly everything leftover, sans the cake, to have another full meal. We were stuffed!!!

We had pork roast, potatoes, onions, broccoli with cheese sauce, green salad and cupcakes for dessert. Yum.

That chicken looks great.

Thank you Katwill :)

Right before pulling it off. I had it with sugar snap peas and a tater I threw on the grill to bake.

Attachments

• chicken2.jpg
    chicken2.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 181
oops, the wings were the first parts that got et.
You know me and my wings. ;)
I've got one breast left though :) and some dark meat.

I fried up a bag of seafood I found at the local Giant Eagle. It has shrimp, calamari, clams, and oysters. I make a beer batter for it. Sauce was mayo, curry powder, and spicy mustard.

Back
Top Bottom