Sunday Dinner - 1-24-2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That kale dish looks great tenspeed, I saved it. :yum:

Busy day today. I got a lot of things done around the house, especially in the kitchen. Re-organized cabinets, wiped down the insides, threw away little bits of things left here and there. Lots more room now. Anyway, I was *done* being in the kitchen by the time I got it put back together, so tonight's dinner was scrounged from the freezer. Pan seared shrimp with garlic lemon butter, steamed edamame, and a warm roll to sop up the buttery goodness from the shrimp. :yum:

Last edited:
We needed to use extra ricotta cheese from last week, so I thawed the rest of the lasagna sauce and DH made stuffed shells. We had buttered Italian bread and steamed peas with butter and Penzey's 4/S Seasoning Salt alongside.

Attachments

• 1453686934424.jpg
    1453686934424.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 137
We stopped on our way home from town today for an early supper at one of our favorite little Cafe's. We shared some outstanding Ceviche, him an IPA, and me a glass of Chardonnay. I had a delicious "California chicken bake" with chunked chicken, grape tomatoes, cheese, jalapeno's and avocado. He had deep fried spring rolls with Ahi and avocado, in a sweet dipping sauce. Nice!!!

Pirate has the flu so the beef stew in the slow cooker will have to be made another day. But I did get the barley soaking. Now what do I do with it. Just stick it in the fridge for now I guess. It won't go to waste.

I know, I could have made it and just saved it for another day. It usually taste better the next day anyway. Maybe I will just make it tomorrow. :angel:

I went and got Chinese takeout at the Girard Wok -- our fave Chinese (and closest) place. I got the Schezuan chicken and veggie fried rice w/ eggroll. She got the General Tso chicken and rice. $15 and enough for 2 meals.

Baked a ham, mashed cauliflower and turned it into a casserole with cheddar topping, steamed some green beans, and roasted potato cubes with The Spice House's Florida Seasoned Pepper. Later, we had dessert. Yes, dessert! Triple-chocolate cake with all the toppings.

Attachments

• 2016-01-24 19.54.12.jpg
    2016-01-24 19.54.12.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 140
  • 2016-01-24 22.06.07.jpg
    2016-01-24 22.06.07.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 142
Wow, I am on a roll! Two homemade dinners in a row! We have really been feeling under the weather all week and so I thought a pot of soup was in order.

I made curried chicken vegetable chowder. The curry is very mild - I add it because I have to use coconut milk for TB and the curry just sort of melds nicely with the chicken and the coconut. It has peas, onions, potatoes, corn and cauliflower in it plus chicken and bacon!

Attachments

• Chowder.jpg
    Chowder.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 136
We had chili. I also made chicken and andouille gumbo, which we will probably have tonight.

Wow, I am on a roll! Two homemade dinners in a row! We have really been feeling under the weather all week and so I thought a pot of soup was in order.

I made curried chicken vegetable chowder. The curry is very mild - I add it because I have to use coconut milk for TB and the curry just sort of melds nicely with the chicken and the coconut. It has peas, onions, potatoes, corn and cauliflower in it plus chicken and bacon!

This looks and reads very good. I don't suppose you would post the recipe? I wouldn't mind having it in my arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom