Sunday dinner? 1/25/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RPCookin

Executive Chef
Sunday dinner is started. My wife's sister is visiting their Dad ( he lives about 3 iles from us) and they are coming for dinner after church. I've already got the dough rising for a cheddar and jalapeno focaccia. That will be served with country style ribs (one my father-in-law's favorites), and thin green beans, blanched, then sauteed with garlic and black truffle oil.:chef:

Sunday dinner is started. My wife's sister is visiting their Dad ( he lives about 3 iles from us) and they are coming for dinner after church. I've already got the dough rising for a cheddar and jalapeno focaccia. That will be served with country style ribs (one my father-in-law's favorites), and thin green beans, blanched, then sauteed with garlic and black truffle oil.:chef:
Getting ready to start the spicy tomato sauce for andouille gnocchi. Your focaccia sounds great.

that sounds amazing, I am a cornbread and ribs guy, but that does sound tasty, good job, is that a meal you make often or first time for it?

I made the dough with an infused Tuscan Herb EVOO. First time I've used it, but I'm thinking it should be pretty tasty.

My wife makes a killer focaccia, topped with olive oil, sea salt and fresh, chopped rosemary.

that sounds amazing, I am a cornbread and ribs guy, but that does sound tasty, good job, is that a meal you make often or first time for it?

The first time for this combo, but I've made all of them before.

My wife makes a killer focaccia, topped with olive oil, sea salt and fresh, chopped rosemary.

That's the traditional way to make a real Italian focaccia. It's very good served traditionally with herbed EVOO for dipping. I like it that way too when I'm having an Italian dinner.

I tend to to just top it with whatever comes to mind for other types of meals, and it makes really good sandwiches too. I use Chef John's basic recipe HERE

You may have my haggis, MC, even though I'm part Scottish.

I'm making a big pot of chili

From the "Gourmet" aisle! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

haggis-with-can-5-29-209.jpg

A salad and a piece of fried haddock with some homemade tartar sauce

From the "Gourmet" aisle! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

haggis-with-can-5-29-209.jpg

A salad and a piece of fried haddock with some homemade tartar sauce

Dang, if you freeze it, you could use if for chum! Leave it in the can and punch some holes in it and put in a chum bag.:angel:

I've had haggis and it was not bad. Unfortunately I was the only one of 40 guests who ordered some so I received a rather large portion:huh:.

What we had tonight was hot dogs:LOL:; dh's with relish and mustard and mine with onions and ketchup:yum:

I would lift my glass to toast Robbie Burns.

I made a version of baked Hawaiian chicken ( when you can't go there on vacation at a moment's notice, make it come to you.). For the sauce --crushed pineapple, bbq sauce, garlic, ginger, a pinch of brown sugar. Browned the chicken first in a CI dutch oven, then sauced and finished in the oven with roasted sliced carrots in with the chicken and rice on the side.

A bit of this, a dab of that. Cleaned out the fridge in case I get to make a grocery run tomorrow. I'm not going for bread and milk before the storm. Rather, I'm picking up a few things to use for a couple different recipes I want to try while the snow is piling up. Praying we don't lose power while I'm at it!

I'm not brave enough to try haggis, but I did wear a kilt when I was younger. They were all the rage in the '60s! :LOL: BTW, there is a small chain (3 locations) restaurant on Cape Cod called "Bobby Byrne's". The first time we ate there we thought the name was just a cheeky way of spelling the poet's name. Turns out the proprietor's name IS Bobby Byrne!

Andouille gnocchi.

36788-albums318-picture6184.jpg

Even though the recipe calls them "gnocchi", they are larger than what most folks think of as gnocchi. They are great with the spicy tomato sauce, a little parm and sprinkle of fresh basil.

Sunday was recipe development day. Inspired by Swedish lamb roast with dill sauce, I flipped it to lamb chops rubbed with dill salt and blackpepper, served with dill sauce my way (hint--check out my Norwegian Sailor Stew recipe for the twist), and a mixed spring green salad with radish greens, roasted radishes, yellow pepper dressed with a dressing using one of the company's TNT dressing recipes, hasselback potato with garlic and chopped parsley.

The 2nd recipe also used lamb chops. These were rubbed with an South African inspired rub and served with a combination of root vegetables also seasoned with South African seasonings. The lamb chops got a thumb's up from both of us, but I need to make the veggies again and play with the seasonings some more.

The goal was to develop two recipes using lamb (cut of my choice); one to feature spring lamb and the tastes of spring, that involved little prep work, and took 35-40 minutes (including prep time--yup--I figured out how to do the potatoes in under 45 minutes). The other recipe was to feature fall lamb (cut of my choice) and veggies available in the fall. Since the chops from the lamb I got in the fall are packaged in packs of two, I decided lamb chops were the cut I'd use.

I forgot to download the pictures. I can't share the recipes since I am developing the recipes for a company. But, if I remember to download the pictures in the next day or so, I can post those.

Last edited:
Sunday was recipe development day. Inspired by Swedish lamb roast with dill sauce, I flipped it to lamb chops rubbed with dill salt and blackpepper, served with dill sauce my way (hint--check out my Norwegian Sailor Stew recipe for the twist), and a mixed spring green salad with radish greens, roasted radishes, yellow pepper dressed with a dressing using one of the company's TNT dressing recipes, hasselback potato with garlic and chopped parsley.

The 2nd recipe also used lamb chops. These were rubbed with an South African inspired rub and served with a combination of root vegetables also seasoned with South African seasonings. The lamb chops got a thumb's up from both of us, but I need to make the veggies again and play with the seasonings some more.

The goal was to develop two recipes using lamb (cut of my choice); one to feature spring lamb and the tastes of spring, that involved little prep work, and took 35-40 minutes (including prep time--yup--I figured out how to do the potatoes in under 45 minutes). The other recipe was to feature fall lamb (cut of my choice) and veggies available in the fall. Since the chops from the lamb I got in the fall are packaged in packs of two, I decided lamb chops were the cut I'd use.

I forgot to download the pictures. I can't share the recipes since I am developing the recipes for a company. But, if I remember to download the pictures in the next day or so, I can post those.
Finally downloaded the pics:

Attachments

• DSCN0003.jpg
    DSCN0003.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN0007.jpg
    DSCN0007.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 155
Back
Top Bottom