Sunday dinner, 1-6-19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife calls BMWs hemorrhoid cars.

Every a$$ eventually gets one.

I've owned a lot of cars, but never a BMW. I looked at one. I went to the dealership on a Saturday, and was told that all the salesmen were too busy, and I should come back on a weekday. Two hours later, I bought a Mercedes.

However, to be honest, I do kind of own a BMW now. My daily driver is a MINI CooperS, which is a BMW brand. But, the local MINI dealership is owned by Carl Sewell. He literally "wrote the book" on customer service. Customers for Life is the book. His philosophy is, "I don't want to sell you a car... I want to sell you every car you ever own for the rest of your life."

When I take my MINI in for service, they have a system that reads my TollTag. and someone greets me at my car... by my name. "Hello mister Caseydog, We have you scheduled for an oil change, is that correct?""Your free loaner car will be here in a few minutes -- it has a TollTag, and don't worry about the gas, you can bring it back empty. No charge.

CD

I have a good friend, and my keyboard player, who drives a Beemer. And between us, he is a bit of a narcisist. I’ve known him since the 70’s and am too lazy to find new friends, so I put up with his dooshery..

I have a good friend, and my keyboard player, who drives a Beemer. And between us, he is a bit of a narcisist. I’ve known him since the 70’s and am too lazy to find new friends, so I put up with his dooshery..

lol, dooshery.

I looked into buying a Mini Cooper Countryman. The dealership is across the street from my job. Several coworkers have bought them, and they say they're pretty good for a small car in the snow. Must be the wide wheel base.

lol, dooshery.

I looked into buying a Mini Cooper Countryman. The dealership is across the street from my job. Several coworkers have bought them, and they say they're pretty good for a small car in the snow. Must be the wide wheel base.

The Countryman All4 uses a very similar AWD system to what you have in your CRV. The Countryman and the CRV would probably perform about the same in snow.

CD

Thanks. The BMWs were getting out of price range, though, and I started to hear some bad reviews from a few coworkers. Dumb things like leaky moonroofs, or trim breaking off inside.

Between the house, the boat, the servants, the country club membership (white only, of course), I had to stay on budget.

Back
Top Bottom