"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-16-2016, 10:44 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Taxlady, that looks delicious.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:15 PM   #12
Master Chef

Looks delish Taxy, and I hope you feel better very soon.

Kay and LP... chicky thighs here too...seasoned flour and fried them up to have for the next couple of days. I love leftover fried chicken. Had a small salad for a side for this evening's dinner.

Old 10-17-2016, 12:52 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Thanks ladies, it was delicious. I have two leftover for sandwiches.

I feel fine, I think I'm still getting over the illness I had for about four months last winter/spring.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:44 AM   #14
Master Chef

Yummy looking dinner, taxy. Hope you're up to full speed soon. ((hug)) Everyone else's dinner sounds good, too.

I didn't feel like playing with a new-to-me recipe tonight, so I guess the butternut soup will be Monday's soup. Ended up making cheesy cauliflower soup (I can make that one in my sleep) and BLT sandwiches for supper. Fancy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Stopped at a new seafood market Friday...Had their fried shrimp plate for lunch while we were there on Friday. Some of the best shrimp we've ever had.
The first time we stayed in our timeshare on Fort Myers Beach we went to this little fishing shack that served whatever they had caught that day. In fact, Himself remembered buying fish there when he would visit his folks before we were married. Best shrimp I ever ate, caught and prepped not more than four hours earlier. Nice people, too - ate there twice in our week on the beach. Planned on going there the second year down...only to find that the mega-bar across the lot from them had bought them out. *sniff* Such a cute dock deck, really, but the people there made it seem like you had known them for years.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:24 AM   #15
Senior Cook

Went shopping at the new Super Kroger after church. Been wanting to go, but too many people checking it out. Bought some Orange chicken take home - so so. Went by the seafood counter and got a shocker. Sea bass $24.99 a pound. Ouch! Settled for the sirloin steaks at $4.99. Monday or Tuesday will be Sesame beef.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:39 AM   #16
Executive Chef

I made GG's Creamy Chicken Poblano Soup! It was excellent! I still had a pesky pablano and a couple tomatillos left, so I made some green sauce. I also had some fixings left from our salad on Saturday, so I made a "Mexican" style frittata to go with the sauce for breakfast, but I ended up eating some of the frittata along with the soup.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:18 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
I made GG's Creamy Chicken Poblano Soup! It was excellent! I still had a pesky pablano and a couple tomatillos left, so I made some green sauce. I also had some fixings left from our salad on Saturday, so I made a "Mexican" style frittata to go with the sauce for breakfast, but I ended up eating some of the frittata along with the soup.
Yay! Glad you enjoyed it! Frittata sounds like a great accompaniment. Too bad DH won't eat eggs he can recognize
Old 10-17-2016, 08:44 AM   #18
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Yay! Glad you enjoyed it! Frittata sounds like a great accompaniment. Too bad DH won't eat eggs he can recognize
His lose! I pulled out the jar of ground cumin and it was empty! I love when this happens, as I get to toast whole seeds and grind them! Nothing like the aroma of freshly toasted and ground cumin!
Old 10-17-2016, 10:59 AM   #19
Head Chef

Defrosted the freezer the other day and found a pkg of shanks with a hole in it. Have no idea of the date, but the freezer burn was apretty small area, took a chance and threw it the slow cooker with a bunch of vegies and a tiny bit of broth. Came out delish.

Will probably have the rest for an early lunch.

Taxy I love schnitzel too! I usually make the poor man's version with pork instead of veal ($$). Yummm, gonna get that on the menu for this week, saw some in the freezer!
Old 10-17-2016, 11:55 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
Defrosted the freezer the other day and found a pkg of shanks with a hole in it. Have no idea of the date, but the freezer burn was apretty small area, took a chance and threw it the slow cooker with a bunch of vegies and a tiny bit of broth. Came out delish.

Will probably have the rest for an early lunch.

Taxy I love schnitzel too! I usually make the poor man's version with pork instead of veal ($$). Yummm, gonna get that on the menu for this week, saw some in the freezer!
These were pork schnitzel. Unless I or someone I trust knows the farmer, I don't buy veal.

Tags
dinner