Sunday Dinner - 10/16/2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Wok dinner, but a bit out of the ordinary. Stir fry of marinated sesame beef, red bell pepper, and scallions. Topped off with walnuts and shredded red cabbage. Served over spinach pasta.

Stopped at a new seafood market Friday on the way home from a doctor's appointment. The market is only open Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The other days they're down south, in the Gulf, fishing.

We bought two beautiful red snapper fillets and I baked them for tonight's dinner. Omigosh! They turned out perfectly and tasted great. Had some frozen corn from last year's garden for our side.

We'll be back to the market. We'll buy shrimp next. Had their fried shrimp plate for lunch while we were there on Friday. Some of the best shrimp we've ever had.

I am not too sure, even though it is basically dinner time here. We got a late start on the day, I have a tooth/sinus ache and TB is sleeping.

I will probably do chicken thighs for him and I will either have a Caesar salad or a the fried rice left over from Friday (or both)

I cooked up some more spaghetti, and used up the remaining sauce from last night.

I thought I had forgotten how to fry chicken.

I didn't.

We like skin on thighs and they were dredged with highly seasoned flour, then egg wash, then Panko, fried in 1/2" oil till golden brown. :yum:
Combined with Tater Tots and broiled seasoned asparagus it was a delicious meal.

With help from Stirling, I made schnitzel. I served it with boiled potatoes, rødkål (Danish red cabbage), and some of Steve's refrigerator dill pickles. Dang! I like schnitzel. I don't have nearly as many spoons as I used to have, so I have to start supper really early. I have to do a bit and then rest. It really helps to have something like the red cabbage in the fridge. I just needs to be nuked.

EJbYhkfUJ4R_YBSwtBMWcXTe3_vpxpJ1UkiM21G307cyQ_a8Hv4OuEbx8IsiIiGDhJvSLamuL78zrTHUUsaab6TjwUQqb7UcOeqT4-n3mRjRdtAUqLom5LDb7viZxvxOkYxksxpKHwDTGm9Jzn4lg_qj2N9vcTb5CBfIi3u9f6pHFjbd7AB5wxOonNb5cEu9vK1tRK5TjR62z7P3gA6dj9SofHWCyXZCSNG9vhLDYBO0kA8Q6UpfVXnw8WKcoKQw3UBS0xf9cYK4ESGBFbD46DFTbnDkzTteWo-xgHuaukAKta2Iw-bpEVQ1PWztvqSHdnYiFjrzgE_vVFgOzxpxi4tc8euGIbYLK2AvjSriRh3bmdhhqP49yOYdPIPGhUVfEQK61Yr7aCj1cVeMWdKTac1yODMpTgutWw1iJCma0kkiKp6LaVGj531x6MsFxTq3AnAyOfsl-Ne3XrcG02AcDkSaO9O7wYS7tV2PZvFkhFt0SzOq95GIutYF-UZTvIsnQcIglry_1SgDAECofyM9gmuKsCD7v59VTUGhVmeVPMsOM1wPoGXB9UrHq_xdGl9_jBf5OyeTFhUJFWYiN4hNfZmBIaZ4vS2-1wUhzaW346jgPn2QjQ=w692-h519-no

With help from Stirling, I made schnitzel. I served it with boiled potatoes, rødkål (Danish red cabbage), and some of Steve's refrigerator dill pickles. Dang! I like schnitzel. I don't have nearly as many spoons as I used to have, so I have to start supper really early. I have to do a bit and then rest. It really helps to have something like the red cabbage in the fridge. I just needs to be nuked.

Hugs, taxlady.

Looks delish Taxy, and I hope you feel better very soon. :)

Kay and LP... chicky thighs here too...seasoned flour and fried them up to have for the next couple of days. I love leftover fried chicken. :yum: Had a small salad for a side for this evening's dinner.

Last edited:
Thanks ladies, it was delicious. I have two leftover for sandwiches. :yum:

I feel fine, I think I'm still getting over the illness I had for about four months last winter/spring.

Yummy looking dinner, taxy. Hope you're up to full speed soon. ((hug)) Everyone else's dinner sounds good, too.

I didn't feel like playing with a new-to-me recipe tonight, so I guess the butternut soup will be Monday's soup. Ended up making cheesy cauliflower soup (I can make that one in my sleep) and BLT sandwiches for supper. Fancy! :LOL:

Stopped at a new seafood market Friday...Had their fried shrimp plate for lunch while we were there on Friday. Some of the best shrimp we've ever had.
The first time we stayed in our timeshare on Fort Myers Beach we went to this little fishing shack that served whatever they had caught that day. In fact, Himself remembered buying fish there when he would visit his folks before we were married. Best shrimp I ever ate, caught and prepped not more than four hours earlier. Nice people, too - ate there twice in our week on the beach. Planned on going there the second year down...only to find that the mega-bar across the lot from them had bought them out. *sniff* Such a cute dock deck, really, but the people there made it seem like you had known them for years.

Went shopping at the new Super Kroger after church. Been wanting to go, but too many people checking it out. Bought some Orange chicken take home - so so. Went by the seafood counter and got a shocker. Sea bass $24.99 a pound. Ouch! Settled for the sirloin steaks at $4.99. Monday or Tuesday will be Sesame beef.

I made GG's Creamy Chicken Poblano Soup! It was excellent!:yum: I still had a pesky pablano and a couple tomatillos left, so I made some green sauce. I also had some fixings left from our salad on Saturday, so I made a "Mexican" style frittata to go with the sauce for breakfast, but I ended up eating some of the frittata along with the soup.:pig::ohmy::D

I made GG's Creamy Chicken Poblano Soup! It was excellent!:yum: I still had a pesky pablano and a couple tomatillos left, so I made some green sauce. I also had some fixings left from our salad on Saturday, so I made a "Mexican" style frittata to go with the sauce for breakfast, but I ended up eating some of the frittata along with the soup.:pig::ohmy::D

Yay! Glad you enjoyed it! Frittata sounds like a great accompaniment. Too bad DH won't eat eggs he can recognize :( :LOL:

Yay! Glad you enjoyed it! Frittata sounds like a great accompaniment. Too bad DH won't eat eggs he can recognize :( :LOL:

His lose!:ROFLMAO: I pulled out the jar of ground cumin and it was empty!:ohmy: I love when this happens, as I get to toast whole seeds and grind them!:mrgreen: Nothing like the aroma of freshly toasted and ground cumin!:mrgreen:

Defrosted the freezer the other day and found a pkg of shanks with a hole in it. Have no idea of the date, but the freezer burn was apretty small area, took a chance and threw it the slow cooker with a bunch of vegies and a tiny bit of broth. Came out delish.

Will probably have the rest for an early lunch.

Taxy I love schnitzel too! I usually make the poor man's version with pork instead of veal ($$). Yummm, gonna get that on the menu for this week, saw some in the freezer!

Defrosted the freezer the other day and found a pkg of shanks with a hole in it. Have no idea of the date, but the freezer burn was apretty small area, took a chance and threw it the slow cooker with a bunch of vegies and a tiny bit of broth. Came out delish.

Will probably have the rest for an early lunch.

Taxy I love schnitzel too! I usually make the poor man's version with pork instead of veal ($$). Yummm, gonna get that on the menu for this week, saw some in the freezer!
These were pork schnitzel. Unless I or someone I trust knows the farmer, I don't buy veal.

Back
Top Bottom