Sunday dinner 10/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Grilled, lemon lime marinated shrimp & scallop kabobs over L/L buttered rice.

39817-albums1064-picture8073.jpg
[/IMG]

Sea scallops, seared in cast iron with EVOO, butter and garlic. Served over whole grain rice cooked with more garlic, and dressed with pan drippings from the scallops. Very tasty.

I was too lazy to take pictures, but it did look good, too.

CD

Been having some serious health issues and have had some challenges making any meals.

However, tonight we had some cool stuffed bell peppers and have enough left to provide another meal. That's important because I'm still recovering from a crapy health issue.

Been having some serious health issues and have had some challenges making any meals.

However, tonight we had some cool stuffed bell peppers and have enough left to provide another meal. That's important because I'm still recovering from a crapy health issue.

Sorry to hear about your having health issues, Katie - hope it becomes remedied soon - I know the feeling - been there....:(

Am on antibiotics right now for something my doc & I hope is not too serious - gotta shake it before start of vacation time this coming Saturday - 6 sleeps left !
I feel like I'll make it.

Last edited:
(((Gentle hugs))) Katie.

We had salads delivered. I had a Cobb salad and Stirling had a "Buffalo ranch chicken salad". We had that fairly early, so we had nachos later. I did an experiment. I made an enchilada sauce that doesn't have any tomatoes. I also had to sub the canned chilies for a different type of fresh chilies, but it's pretty good. Stirling made nachos with that enchilada sauce. I will see what else I want to make with what's left.

Polynesian Chicken
I first developed this recipe for hogfish, but decided to make it with chicken. It is sweet and sour with a touch of heat. Right now the recipe is in my head and I need to write it down. It is served over Jasmine rice and has red, yellow and orange bell peppers.

36788-albums1141-picture8074-jpg.33725

Polynesian Chicken
I first developed this recipe for hogfish, but decided to make it with chicken. It is sweet and sour with a touch of heat. Right now the recipe is in my head and I need to write it down. It is served over Jasmine rice and has red, yellow and orange bell peppers.

36788-albums1141-picture8074-jpg.33725

Looks wonderful and would be very interested in your recipe.

Looks wonderful and would be very interested in your recipe.

When I have time, I'll write it down. My second job is in full swing right now and I'm working 6 days a week. Leaving Sunday as the only full day off.

I made the delicious caramelized onion soup with meatballs and sumac broth from the Turkish cookbook I got for Christmas last year. The sumac broth is one of the most savory things I've ever tasted :yum: Served it with a scoop of rice & orzo pilaf and a salad.

Last edited:
Open turkey sandwich with gravy, Caesar salad and sweet potato praline casserole.

turkey_salad_sweet_potato_102019_IMG_6362.jpg

I made the delicious caramelized onion soup with meatballs and sumac broth from the Turkish cookbook I got for Christmas last year. The sumac broth is one of the most savory things I've ever tasted :yum: Served it with a scoop of rice & orzo pilaf and a salad.

Ooh, that sounds yummy. Will you please share the recipe, if you haven't yet. If you have shared it, please post the link.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom