Sunday Dinner 10/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had a dinner that was a near disaster! The menu was very simple - whole chicken roasted in the wood-burning stove with roast potatoes and a selection of green veggies. Then my OH came in and added more wood to get a really good blaze, and I was downstairs in my laundry seeing to the washing. I came back to check on the chicken, and it came out black, and the roasting time was only 2 3rds of the way through. The roast potatoes were a deep golden almost brown colour. I jointed the bird. Internal temperature of the bird was 82°C, but the meat round the the joints was still pink. I decided to put the jointed bird back in the oven. It was even darker than before, and I was going to junk it and do pasta instead, but OH said, let's try it. Surprise! It was succulent, juicy, cooked through and, what's more, tasted delish! And so were the roasties, to my great surprise! I won't abandon the stove next time!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

I have to keep revisiting the nightly dinner thread just to see the pics. :yum:

:LOL: me too!

friend and I finished up the Walmart seasoned salmon, we both find that one piece, although probably proportionately correct, is just not enough. We had 1 & 1/2 pcs each. Along with some broccoli, green beans, cauliflower buttered, and fried mushrooms.

Fast easy meal, vegies already chopped and in little bags, just throw them in a pot! Everything came together so fast! I would classify it as an "Instant Meal"!! :LOL:

As she avoids the carbs (guess I should too... :pig: NOT!) I didn't even bother to dig into the freezer for some rice.

I often do large quantities of rice, measure out ice cream scoops (approx 1/3 cup) and freeze. Grab a scoop for the micro or to toss into a frying pan of yumminess. Home version of Minute Rice!

Hope those pain meds kick in for ya, LP. Sweet dreams, too.
Thanks, CG, they did and I had a very good long sleep and if I had any dreams they must have been sweet because I don't remember any nightmares! :) The pain is still bad today but I can manage it because of the sleep. I have gone down a level on the pain pills so that is always a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom