Sunday dinner..11/15/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH found some nice looking fresh green beans, so I cooked them using Pioneer Woman's recipe. Made some Rotel dip to eat with Tostitos. We have a couple of leftover soups to finish up as well.

Beef Stew in CI dutch oven, and cooked low & slow in the oven.

img_1443907_0_974f28d58b7d0fc984b80357ca1af940.jpg

img_1443907_1_aa407dcfdf0fc121ed22bd28746a8d98.jpg

It was a good day for Mn Vikings football-- now sitting in first place in their division, at least for this week!

I'm about to make cornmeal pancakes and some microwave cinnamon poached apple slices. I can't see any recipe that says to add a pat of butter, but then nothing says I can't so I think I will anyway, and use less brown sugar.

Cat wanted a southern dish so it's country ham, red-eye gravy, mashed potatoes and breaded okra. Sweet potato pie for dessert.

I made a pot of minestrone from a recipe in my latest (free) Martha Stewart Living. Martha can't cook. :glare: But with a generous portion of grated Pecorino Romano the soup was fine. We also had panini on ciabatta bread - ham and cheese with tomato and lettuce. The bread got a bit extra toasty - first it was blonde, and then it was brunette. :ohmy: And the last *sniff* of my homemade dill pickles.

Attachments

• 2015-11-15 20.57.46.jpg
    2015-11-15 20.57.46.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 2015-11-15 21.25.18.jpg
    2015-11-15 21.25.18.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 146
We had a cooking day yesterday. Ended up eating Creole Chicken and Dumplings made using Paul Prudhomme's recipe, except subbed carrots and celery for the green peppers, which I'm not that fond of.

Craig made short ribs in red wine, beef broth with mirepoix that will go over mashies with a vege side of some sort. I made the chicken with some help from him, and the beef and onion ragout from ATK that was on TV a few weeks ago that will go with rigatoni and pecorino romano. We made enough of all recipes so that half of each is going in freezer today for later meals.

We wanted to eat the beef and onion ragout but sadly the meat wasn't tender enough to shred by the time we got hungry so it had to go back in the oven. Should be tasty, it starts with salami and pancetta processed to a paste in food processor, then carrots and celery added. A whole bunch of onions get chopped and then in food processor to get chopped finer. Some white wine and fresh oregano, along with S and P. Chunks of beef eye roast go in, then into the oven for several hours until beef is tender enough to shred with forks.

Last edited:
S&P the Beef stew looks very good. Would you mind sharing your recipe? I have tried several and end up doing the pre-packaged because I can't get that certain flavor that I get from good beef stew.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom