Sunday dinner 12/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erehweslefox

Sous Chef
So I am in a very good place grocery wise. I have both mussels and salmon. My mussel game is good, have broth, have leeks, we are fine.

What can I do with a nice cut of salmon that is unique? It is snowing and I don't want to leave the house. I have lemons, a shite ton of garlic, but don't want to just throw lemons and garlic at the problem.

I have a decent amount of produce too from the CSA.

Let me hear your dinner, and please give me some suggestions.

TBS (E-F)

Consider cooking it enpapillote. using parchment or foil, make a bed of aromatics and veggies, lay the salmon on top, season and wrap it up fairly tightly making sure the foil does not touch the to of the food. Place in a 400ºF oven for 20 minutes. Less if you like medium rare salmon.

Consider cooking it enpapillote. using parchment or foil, make a bed of aromatics and veggies, lay the salmon on top, season and wrap it up fairly tightly making sure the foil does not touch the to of the food. Place in a 400ºF oven for 20 minutes. Less if you like medium rare salmon.

Yes, I can do this. Foil, no parchement, but I think I can do something close with what I have here.

Yes, I can do this. Foil, no parchement, but I think I can do something close with what I have here.

You can add as much or as little as you want. I typically just do the fish and some aromatics. Starch and veggies are prepared separately. You can add quick cooking veggies as well, like zucchini.

Sunday Brunch - Baby romaine and arugula salad with Caesar dressing; spaghetti, meatball and Italian sausage frittata with red bell pepper, pepperoncini, grated parmigiana cheese, and grandma's sauce; garlic toast, coffee and mimosas

Sunday Dinner - baby romaine and arugula salad with Creamy Italian dressing; fusilli, Italian sausage and meatballs with grandma's sauce; Garlic toast; and a 2015 Hawthorne Grove Pinot Noir

If that's too much Italian for one day (is that even possible?) I can make chicken enchiladas verde with Mexican rice and Charro beans for dinner. The important thing is to get rid of all the blue lids, so I can create more.

TBS, the first thing I thought of is what Andy suggets, foil sealed and bake the salmon with the garlic/ lemon slices. If you have any jalapeno or grated fresh ginger, bonus. Bake it skin side down and the skin should remain in the foil when you remove the salmon. That's a theory, it doesn't always work that way for me LOL.

Sunday football fixin's here. Sloppy joes, Lay's wavy chips, ,e-z lipton onion dip, Clausen's half dills, homemade beet pickles, coleslaw with dried cranberries, homemade tart creamy dressing. Figgie newtons. Coke cola.

I made a quick sweep at the grocery store early this a.m. Should have had breakfast first.

Vegetarian black bean chili served over sweet potatoes. No, I'm not converting from being an omnivore, but it's just that this dish is so good (and Mrs. T requested it tonight). It's a recipe from Bon Appetit 25 years ago. The following recipe is pretty close, except that I use a can of diced tomatoes with juices instead of tomato sauce, rinse and drain the beans, add diced summer squash for the last 6 - 8 minutes until crisp tender, and no cheese. There's sour cream in the fridge, so there will be a bit of that on top.

https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2015/01/vegetarian-black-bean-chili-stuffed-sweet-potatoes/

We've got an old BA recipe that uses black beans and canned tomatoes, plus red and yellow bells, onions, etc.

Our dinner was beef stew and corn cakes. Drastic change in weather yesterday, a strong cold front came thru driving rain in front of it, then temps fell from a record high yesterday afternoon of 86 to a low in mid 40s in early a.m, hours, basically fell 40 degrees in less than 12 hours, pretty much same tonight, then will slowly start warming back up.

39817-albums371-picture7177.jpg
[/IMG]

Seared Scallops & shrimp w gnocchi....

Airport food again today. I had some really good cheese enchiladas at Intercontinental Airport in Houston, at a place called Mercedes. 15 bucks, which is not bad for airport food. They were not traditional tex-mex cheese enchiladas, they were fancier... more upscale, and honestly very good.

Hotel's free breakfast this morning. Fuel, not food. Nuff said on that.

On the plane to Charlotte, NC, where I'll pick up a rental car and drive an hour and a half. I'll probably just snack for dinner.

CD

Leftovers from Sports: salad, a questionable New England clam chowder, pizza, cookies, chocolate milk, and pickles.

Beer butt chicken here tonight seasoned with Penzey's Arizona Dreaming and lemon pepper. Salad on the side.
Magnum brand dark chocolate covered raspberry ice cream bars while watching Alaska the Last Frontier.
Dang, those are good ice cream bars..and what's better than the combo of chocolate and raspberry?

Last edited:
Mmm, chocolate and raspberry, Kayelle. :yum: Yes and yes.

Spent so much time peeling and chopping, measuring and mixing, that I plum ran out of time and energy for a real dinner. Mushrooms and eggs to the rescue! Himself had American cheese on his half of the omelet, I had Jarlsberg on my half. The apple butter I was cooking down was more of a chunky applesauce come dinnertime, so I added small dishes of that for a dinner fruit.

Attachments

• 20171210_214456.jpg
    20171210_214456.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 132
Back
Top Bottom