Sunday Dinner 12/9/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vegan duck and veggie stir fry with Korean red pepper paste.
Tempeth0120.jpg

Vegan duck and veggie stir fry with Korean red pepper paste.
Tempeth0120.jpg

Vegan duck? Are there carnivorous ducks, maybe? Lol.

The finished result of the inside round in the sous vide..Sunday dinner..

Nice!

The food at the football dinner was very good. Ceasar salad, flounder francese, chicken piccata, sliced steak, roasted spuds, "vodka" penne, rice pilaf, butter sauteed veggies, and various breads and butter. All very good.

The dessert was kind of a joke, though. While we listened to two hours of coaches' speeches about their seasons and approximately 85 individual players (Frosh, JV, and Varsity), all they offered was some crappy, supermarket or commercially produced chocolate chip cookies.

Lots of coffee, but the tea selection was either weird a$$ chai teas (aka sticks and rocks), or Lipton. No espresso or cappucinos. No Earl Grey, or Green, or other, better tea.

We had Italian sausages, whole grain fusilli with pesto, and a "hard salad". That's a salad with no soft vegis. This time carrot, cauliflower, red cabbage, celery, and red onion, with vinaigrette.

I don't want to sound stupid, like another forum member I shall not name (obviously, ducks are vegan by nature), but what DO you mean by "vegan duck?"

CD
Actually, I was under the impression that ducks eat insects. So not vegan, or even vegetarian. I might be wrong, of course...

You're not wrong. Ducks are omnivores. In addition to insects, they eat small fish and fish eggs, worms, snails, etc.

Yeah, actually, they do eat a lot of stuff. I lived on a lake as a teen, and we had domesticated ducks. We fed them cracked corn, but they ate other things. But, they were mostly vegetarian. They are very practical -- they eat what is available.

CD

People up here in the PNW keep them because they eat slugs, along with the snails. So...you could have your duck AND your escargot all at the same time. In theory.

My Sunday dinner was supposed to be honey mustard chicken after I went grocery shopping this afternoon. But I was up all night again and finally got to sleep at 10am. Less than two hours later, our fire alarm went off and I was outside thinking if the &*^% building turned into a giant bonfire, I was going to get as close as I could to it.

But that didn't happen and by the time I got my frozen a$$ back inside, it was 1pm. I hit the hay, slept till 8, then ordered delivery from Jimmy Johns. So Sunday dinner was a turkey sandwich.

You're not wrong. Ducks are omnivores. In addition to insects, they eat small fish and fish eggs, worms, snails, etc.
Cracks me up when I see egg cartons labeled with both "vegetarian" and "free-range". Seriously? You mean to tell me you pluck every bug and worm and other meaty thing from the soil before you let the chickens run around? :ROFLMAO: Oh, and try selling that bridge to someone else, 'k?

What the Heck Is Up With Vegetarian-Fed Chicken?

I hate those muscovy ducks and more so the idiots that feed them. :mad: I'd rather have the invasive iguanas than those invasive poop factories.

I don't want to sound stupid, like another forum member I shall not name (obviously, ducks are vegan by nature)...
CD

You couldn't stepped in it any better if I had left a bag of flaming dog poo on your door.

Last edited:
We had a chicken and vegetable soup with egg and lemon made with turkey stock. Rolls and butter too.

but

Its a dried product I picked up at an Asian market. Its made from wheat flour, soybean oil and salt. It needed a long soak but turned out good.

Verisoy.jpg

Oh, thank God. I thought that ducks had an agenda and were looking for empowerment. #DucksToo

They watch too much TV.

Back
Top Bottom