Sunday Dinner 12/9/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
Saute hamburger and onions with gravy served over creamy mashed potatoes. Petite Peas.

One of my very favorite dishes. I just love simple and quick easy dishes. :wub:

Just put this slab of inside round in the sous vide..Going to have mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, Yorkshire puddings, gravy with it..pics in 12 hours

Attachments

• 47686949_358936851551383_6904041052215181312_n (2).jpg
    47686949_358936851551383_6904041052215181312_n (2).jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 148
We have my son's annual football team dinner this afternoon.

I hope it's better than last year. $50 per person for dry chicken fingers, salad, and cold, overcooked pasta.

Chicken wings and onion rings today..

Dessert to be decided.. Its too early to decide.. (Thinking of a 7" pumpkin pie, maybe)

Ross

Forgot to press the start button..oops! looks like the cooking time will be shortened an hour and a half..the old brain don't work too early in the morning..good thing I'm not a breakfast cook anymore..

Saute hamburger and onions with gravy served over creamy mashed potatoes. Petite Peas.

One of my very favorite dishes. I just love simple and quick easy dishes. :wub:

That sounds like what my kids called Hamburger Gravy. I remember it being in my cookbook of the day called "101 Ways with Hamburger". ;)

Tonight I'm doing stovetop grilled swordfish with pineapple salsa and the leftover Greek lemon Orzo.

I just made some more turkey wild mushroom wild rice soup. I dispatched of the last batch too quickly. I really liked it and wanted more to eat and to freeze. Officially out of turkey now.

It's cold, wet and dreary here - a perfect day for stew, so I have a pot of posole verde simmering on the stove. I'll make cheese quesadillas to go with it.
2018-12-09-16-27-14.jpg

Our dinner can't get any easier - it's leftovers. Plenty to pick from, so we'll each graze at will. I had a piece of quiche for breakfast, now to move on to other things...

I just made some more turkey wild mushroom wild rice soup...
I read that as "wild turkey mushroom....". I was going to ask you for the recipe. :LOL:

C'mon up..There will be plenty..there is only GF and myself..Although, you may have to listen to my bad jokes all day..

If they get me to laugh, the trip will be well worth it. I love a good joke, even if it is a bad one. They can't be any worse than what my kids have been throwing at me since I lost a leg. Like, "Ma, you don't have a leg to stand on! Ma, you now look like a Flamingo or stork. You stand on one leg." And this started on day 10 after the surgery. I was under heavy sedation before then.

Just put this slab of inside round in the sous vide..Going to have mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, Yorkshire puddings, gravy with it..pics in 12 hours

Based on my 18-hour chuck sous vide from yesterday, keep the juices from the bag, as you may find your beef a little dry. But, some au jus completely fixes that.

CD

We have my son's annual football team dinner this afternoon.

I hope it's better than last year. $50 per person for dry chicken fingers, salad, and cold, overcooked pasta.

Probably what you pay for that taylor ham, when you could have Pork Roll for a lot less money. :rolleyes:

CD

Pizza on the grill tonight. Margherita, Porchetta with leeks, and craig had 1 with the huge pepperoni and his spicy pizza sauce. Used no knead pizza dough I started yesterday.

Attachments

• 2018-12-09 18.13.13.jpg
    2018-12-09 18.13.13.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 104
If they get me to laugh, the trip will be well worth it. I love a good joke, even if it is a bad one. They can't be any worse than what my kids have been throwing at me since I lost a leg. Like, "Ma, you don't have a leg to stand on! Ma, you now look like a Flamingo or stork. You stand on one leg." And this started on day 10 after the surgery. I was under heavy sedation before then.

Laughter really is the best medicine. My friends and I had a great time making jokes when I had one of "the boys" removed due to cancer. I even had a Uniball Racing sticker on my track car.

CD

Back
Top Bottom