Sunday Dinner - 2/11/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A 12K BTU burner and a cast iron skillet will certainly do the job of searing sous vide meat without cooking it any further. You won't get that from the grill side, because there isn't a gas grill made that can generate the heat to do that kind of ultra-fast sear. And honestly, it seems like a waste of time and materials to light up a big pile of charcoal to sear sous vide meat for a minute per side.

You can do the quick sear on your side burner, get the job done fast, and not smoke up your house.

Enjoy your new toy.

CD

Actually Casey, I won't even need a cast iron skillet as the Mega searing burner has its own grate for impressive grill marks. :yum:
I've never seen anything like it on another grill and I can hardly wait to use it. Details to come.

I have to post a big "Thank You" to Kayelle who helped me assemble the @##$% BBQ. All went well except for a couple of holes that were not threaded right. A trip to the hardware store for a tap for the threads solved that problem.
For a first time with a new unfamiliar grill she did wonders.:clap:

We have a great True Value hardware store nearby with a large selection of grills from Weber and Big Green Egg, and they don't charge a penny for assembly. I am pretty handy, but I hate assembling things from a box. Too many "WTF" moments. :mad::LOL:

CD

Actually Casey, I won't even need a cast iron skillet as the Mega searing burner has its own grate for impressive grill marks. :yum:
I've never seen anything like it on another grill and I can hardly wait to use it. Details to come.

My old grill, a Nexgrill, has a searing burner on the right side. It's great for cookung things like squid skewers, or shrimp, or thin steaks that would otherwise overcook on a regular burner.

The wok is a great idea. I doubt it would fit in mine, though, even with the lid raised.

My old grill, a Nexgrill, has a searing burner on the right side. It's great for cookung things like squid skewers, or shrimp, or thin steaks that would otherwise overcook on a regular burner.

The wok is a great idea. I doubt it would fit in mine, though, even with the lid raised.

Bucky, thanks for the additional ideas for the searing burner. It has a high and low setting and I'm wondering if I turned it low, could I do something like Chili with a heat diffuser under the pot? Have you done anything like that?

Mine has high and low too, but the difference is negligible. I've only used it for things that needed really quick cooking at high temps, or to put marks on things like b/s chicken to finish it.

Lol.

But they make it look so good!

Ok, now I want lobster. I was planning on making lobster for DW for Valentines day, but I may have to spend the day (after work) going down the shore to my mother's house to begin removing furniture so my brother can put the house on the market.

I need to win the lottery.

Or die.

Either one would work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom