"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2018, 06:32 PM   #1
Head Chef

Sunday Dinner - 2/11/2018

Back to the reality of winter weather after a week on a tropical beach (and non-stop food and rum drinks). Chicken and asparagus stir fry, served over jasmine rice. Rum drinks are more fun, though.

tenspeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:00 PM   #2
Executive Chef

No tropical weather here, more like New Hampshire weather. 36F right now.

Plan A was plans for quite a tropical meal, tonight, but I forgot to do the marinade on my meat early this morning (I remembered it about 3PM today), so I have to punt. Plan B will be fun, though. More on that later.

CD

Old 02-11-2018, 07:22 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

SO and I had L/O chili mac and GD, who is sick, had a bowl of my famous chicken noodle soup with egg and lemon.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:53 PM   #4
Executive Chef

I hear what you are saying 10Speed. We are recent back from vacation in So Florida and I am not adjusting well to being home again. It’s too cold to go to the store today, 12F. So what’s a wuss to do. I made homemade Wimpy Burgers.

Never had one, not even sure what state the closest place is located.
A Wimpy’s menu looks like regular burgers to me, plenty of the usual free toppings and sauces. I matched from the frig’ with what I had. Dill pickles, mayo, ketchup, raw onion. Made shallow fried French fries. I should have ordered my Wimpy’s “to go”.
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:02 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

We got takeout pizza, as did, apparently, everyone else in town. Pizza place was really busy. Nothing even close to tropical weather here.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #6
Master Chef

Cabbage rolls, roast cauliflower salad..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	27994515_10155149561307401_1854030312_n.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	29115  
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:28 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Do you get to pay for your burgers on Tuesday, Whisk?

DW made chicken parm and casarecce pasta, but I'm trying to save a few bucks and brought in leftovers to work that would otherwise go bad.

So, my dinner is leftover Korean Sam Gyup Sal, rice, and gkim.

I'll have the chik parm tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:35 PM   #8
Executive Chef

I had two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. And, a side of fries.

It has been years since I made a Big Mac at home. It was a jumbo Big Mac. I couldn't eat it all, but Psycho-Poodle was willing to help me out.

CD

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MigMac001.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	29116  
Old 02-11-2018, 09:52 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm feeling "almost" guilty for enjoying my brand new barbecue this mild California evening here. What a honey it is, with a 12,800 BTU searing burner on the side wing, although I didn't use it tonight.

My first cook was...wait for it...Tri Tip. No surprise there, but the tail of the triangle always gets well done so my silicone bands came to the rescue for an experiment, and we ended up with a more consistently rare piece of meat, with the aid of the ThermoWorks probe thermometer set to 125 degrees. It has 4 burners, so I did it indirect only using the two outside burners, the right with a wood chip smoke box. Wow, that worked well, and I'll do it again.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:57 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I'm feeling "almost" guilty for enjoying my brand new barbecue this mild California evening here. What a honey it is, with a 12,800 BTU searing burner on the side wing, although I didn't use it tonight.

My first cook was...wait for it...Tri Tip. No surprise there, but the tail of the triangle always gets well done so my silicone bands came to the rescue for an experiment, and we ended up with a more consistently rare piece of meat, with the aid of the ThermoWorks probe thermometer set to 125 degrees. It has 4 burners, so I did it indirect only using the two outside burners, the right with a wood chip smoke box. Wow, that worked well, and I'll do it again.
So, are you going to tell us what grill you got? Enquiring minds want to know.

CD

Tags
dinner