Sunday dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grilled chicken,mac salad, watermelon, grilled corn on the cob,roasted veggie torta, chocolate cream pie and banana cream pie...

kadesma:)

Kadesma, that sounds great. We haven't had a big meal today. DH made cheese omelets, bacon and rye toast after we came home from church. For supper I made quesadillas with sour cream, cheese, salsa and quacamole, lettuce wedges and iced tea. We had canteloupe for dessert. Not a fancy dinner, but it tasted good.

My husband is absolutely reeling from tonights dinner - lol - which makes me feel WAY good. Said he'd enjoy it again asap - lol!!

Bought a pouind of really fresh dry-pack (as in unprocessed) HUGE sea scallops & seared them in extra-virgin olive oil in a cast-iron skillet. Topped each one with a dollop of fresh homemade pesto (using fresh pine nuts - not the jarred stuff), & served it with orzo mixed with butter, Italian flat-leaf parsley, & white truffle oil. Added a broiled tomato half to each plate, topped with buttered bread crumbs & freshly grated parmesan.

I'm thinking we would have paid a pretty penny for this if we had ordered it in a restaurant - lol!!!!

Angie said:
Right now wine is my supper!

Angie...I hear ya! I often do that :LOL:

But tonight we're having filet mignon (sp?) and roasted veggies (broccoli, scallions, taters, zucchini) - oh, and wine. I think I have some yummy chocolate/cherry ice cream in the freezer.

Pan grilled tilapia topped with pineapple coconut mango tequila sauce, fried rice, corn on the cob, green salad with raspberry pecan dressing and rice pudding for dessert. It was so yummy!

callie said:
Angie...I hear ya! I often do that :LOL:

But tonight we're having filet mignon (sp?) and roasted veggies (broccoli, scallions, taters, zucchini) - oh, and wine. I think I have some yummy chocolate/cherry ice cream in the freezer.

So I broke down and had an egg with sharp cheddar. Hubby had Pringles and KitKats...:LOL: Oh, and a turkey sandwich with homemade bread.

Hubby butterflied cornish game hens, which I then seasoned with sage & garlic seasoning, S&P. We grilled them. Meanwhile I took a jar of marinated artichoke hearts. Drained off the marinade, and sauteed a bag of spinach in that, then added the artichoke hearts at the last moment. Yumm

licia said:
Kadesma, that sounds great. We haven't had a big meal today. DH made cheese omelets, bacon and rye toast after we came home from church. For supper I made quesadillas with sour cream, cheese, salsa and quacamole, lettuce wedges and iced tea. We had canteloupe for dessert. Not a fancy dinner, but it tasted good.

licia,
your breakfast and your supper both sound delicious..I love quesadillas and rye toast for breakfast yum...:) doesn't have to be fancy to be heaven:)

kadesma

Last edited:
We had our cheat meal of the week tonight. Bacon wrapped filet mignon with asparagus in a cheddar cheese sauce and mashed potatoes that were baked potato style because they had sour cream, bacon bits and green onions mixed in. dh picked my famous kahlua mousse pie for dessert. yum.

Back
Top Bottom