Sunday dinner 27 April

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking wings, but might have a steak instead.
Everything is still frozen, so obviously no hurry......

Busy, busy day: Printing place cards for my brother's wedding rehearsal dinner and getting ready for the company that is staying at my house during the wedding. He is getting married in two weeks.

But I am stilling taking time to make grilled tri-tip, cornbread, coleslaw, and baked beans for dinner.

I hope that you all have a wonderful day. Sorry, to have been away for so long. I hope that all is well with all DC'ers. :)

Hugs, SC

I'm going to grill some salmon for my b-day dinner #2. :)
Hopefully the fish sticks have worked well enough to get them to eat real fish.
Wish me luck!

Was planning burgers on the grill but it is raining, so I'll cook them inside using he grill pan, saute up some onions and mushrooms and let everyone pic their condiments and other toppings. Home made cole slaw and baked beans.

Left over birthday cake for dessert.

i have left over game hen from last night. think i will shred it and make a huge salad, to hot to cook or eat anything hot. 104 as we speak

did shred into large shreds, put sesame oil in skillet, added sliced green onions, the hen , little hosin sauce, rice wine vinegar and stired together. put on greens , added a bit more vinegar and sesame seeds. it really was good, fresh and light. :chef:

babe:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
First things first. Congrats to your son, Vera. You must be proud.

We just returned from our first road trip with the Airstream. Went to Assateague Island and had a great time. Could have been a little warmer but hey it was fun.

So now that I am totally exhausted, dinner will be pizza (made by me of course!)

We're on the road heading back home. We'll be stopping at Crackle Barrel in SA so I might have some good o' fashion chicken fried steak and country veggies.

Family gathering

right now about 20 of my wifes family are upstairs and more are coming.
about 1/3 are vegetarians. We are having a combination of yestersdays meal and today so here goes
black eyed peas, rice, BBQ chicken, meat balls
2 types of green salad
a cold corn relish salad
greens
collard green dip
chips
potato salad
yellow cake with pineapple and nuts in it
and some kind of loaf, I'll post what it when i find out
oh yeah, theres stuffing too

WOW! That's some meal. I think I might eat just a tad toooo much if I were there!

Enjoy!!!!!

Browned chicken then braised in white wine, tomatoes, kalamata olives, rosemary, and capers. Served atop spaghetti noodles. There's lots of broth for the spaghetti to swim in :chef:

**Edited to say - how could I forget the garlic??? :ohmy:

Last edited:
I'm back in FL, DH is still in MX so I just made a sandwich on some yummy onion rye bread from Whole Foods with cucumber, chicken, red onion, leafy green lettuce, harvarti & mayo with some Italianing seasoning herbs & salt & pepper. It hit the spot. For dessert, I am going to have a brownie & a glass of skim milk. Milk tastes so much better in the States, boxed milk just doesn't cut it.

boston market spinach, chix, & macaroni & cheese. then cinnamon rolls & pretzel-cheese rolls. i'm too stuffed!:wacko:

We had planned on having leftovers from last night, but son-in-law brought over 2 each grilled burgers, Johnsonville cheese brats, and buns to go with. We have some bacon left from breakfast, so I believe I'll have a bacon cheese burger tonight, a cheese brat for lunch, and leftover pork roast, potatoes and fresh asparagus tomorrow night.
How does that sound for a plan?

Yeah. Ours changed, too. Instead, I pounded two chicken breasts; smeared them with minced garlic, salt and pepper. Layered prosciutto slices and thinly sliced baby Swiss cheese. Rolled up and browned in olive oil. Only thing I should've added is some minced basil. Didn't think of that until we were scarfing them down. Oh, well. Next time.

Having something simple today. Homemade dumplings and mixed greens salad with homemade sesame dressing.

congrats to your boy, vb!!!! 30% is a nice step up.

tonight, i grilled chicken legs, an angus london broil, and emeril's essence shrimp.

some of the chicken legs were brushed with kraft bbq sauce, others with lawry's louisiana red pepper marinade. both were good.

the angus london broil was simply rubbed with maggi liquid seasoning and black pepper. grilled to bloody rare. yum. tssssiiip.

the shrimp were split and deveined, the shells left on, and they were tossed with evoo and emeril's original essence. i grilled them over the searing burner in a "grill wok" for just a coupla minutes. they were delicious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom