Sunday dinner. 5/26/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We spent the day floating around on a boat nibbling on cheese, chips, grapes, and chocolate chip cookies. And wine. Dinner was cheeseburgers on the grill and cole slaw.

Another graduation open house, with meatballs in gravy, scalloped potatoes and cake.

We had burgers for supper. They were good. I forgot to take pictures. It was Angus beef. I'll get those beef patties again.

We spent the day floating around on a boat nibbling on cheese, chips, grapes, and chocolate chip cookies. And wine. Dinner was cheeseburgers on the grill and cole slaw.

You are making me miss my boats. :(

But, like they say, the two happiest days in a man's life are the day they buy a boat, and the day they sell it. :LOL:

I'm just grazing tonight. I need to go grocery shopping, but I am in a major lazy mode. I got out of bed around noon today. :ermm:

CD

Noon, cd? You're my kind of guy. ;) My best friend always says the best sleep is between 10:00 AM and noon. OTOH, I'd be thrilled if Himself managed to drag his body out of bed that *ahem* early. :glare:

American Chop Suey - AKA macaroni and ground beef with a tomato/spaghetti sauce and other stuff. It's a New England thing...

Himself had commented last week that it had been a while since I had made chicken. Tonight we had chicken! I cooked it on top of the stove in butter and olive oil, along with a good amount of mushrooms. Made a butter and white wine sauce. Sides were green beans with Penzys' Brady Street Cheese Sprinkles, and broccoli with a bit of butter. Still thinking of dessert...
IMG_20190526_213710263_HDR.jpg

Andy M.'s American Chop Suey

1 Lb Ground Beef
1 Ea Onion
1 Ea Green Pepper
2 Cl Garlic
3 Tb Tomato Paste
28 Oz Canned Tomato
½ Lb Elbow Macaroni

Brown the beef in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Remove it from the pan. Pour off all but two tablespoons of fat.

Sauté the onion, pepper and garlic in the remaining fat until softened.

Add the paste and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.

Add the tomato and the meat to the sautéed vegetables. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.

Prepare the pasta according to package directions.

When the pasta is cooked, drain off the water and mix the pasta with the vegetable and meat mixture. Cook together for 2-3 minutes to allow the flavor of the sauce to cook into the pasta.

Serve with grated cheese.

Rotisserie basket chicken wings done over charcoal and peach wood with a new to us potato salad.

36788-albums1069-picture8006.jpg

First effort on my new toy ... Smokeless Grill ......

IMG_0445.jpg

NY Strip, Baked Russet, Mushroom Gravy, 'Baby' Carrots witha few Leftie Green Beans....

IMG_0473.jpg

NY Strip - Indoor grill.jpg

It was a beautiful day yesterday, if hot, so we grilled dinner: pork chops seasoned with Penzeys Ozark seasoning, sliced pineapple and corn on the cob. I also made grilled bread for the first time - it was delicious! A Middle Eastern style flatbread topped with olive oil and za'atar.

The bread recipe is from Serious Eats. Really easy and so good. https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/07/grilled-flatbread-zaatar-recipe.html
0526192023.jpg
0526192035b.jpg

Last edited:
You too Beth? I put some fresh spinach inside of mine because why not? The sauce was good... a can of green enchilada sauce mixed with a can of cheese soup and lot's more cheese on top. :yum:

Yep, me too! ahhh spinach. My spinach is a little larger than a quarter...almost time to harvest :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom