Sunday Dinner 8/30/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I plan on spending the afternoon in the kitchen making chile rellenos, but haven't decided on the widely varying recipes for the dish, guacamole, green chile sauce and looking into Spanish rice.

What are your plans?

Beth, right now in Mexico they have Chiles Rellenos en Nogada. I've always wanted to try them, everyone raves about them. They're seasonal, and sadly are not available when we're down there: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiles_en_nogada

I made tuna salad. We'll probably have sliced tomato and cukes with it.

Last edited:
Having friends over for dinner tonight.

8Lb.Bone in Prime Rib Roast.Yorkshire pudding,veggies, rolls, salad.

If I mess it up right, they will unfriend me.:LOL:
Wish me luck...

I found a package of marinated beef kebabs in the freezer. That, some pilaf and a leftover veggie dish for dinner. SO's delicious carrot cake for dessert.

I bought a small piece (3/4 #) of scrod yesterday, so I'll bake it in the TO. I have some snow crab knuckles in the freezer I'll quick boil, and we'll enjoy dunking those in butter. Some broccoli, and a salad, and warmed up French baguette from a fresh loaf will finish off dinner...and us.

I roasted some chicken breasts yesterday, so I'll shred one and make chicken and cheese quesadillas and serve them with the tomato-jalapeno salsa I made a couple of days ago. I also have some leftover Mexican rice and will make some zesty refried beans and pico de gallo to go along.

Shrimp tomato, garlic, basil & pasta in white wine sauce.

img_1434314_0_ffc34262848f1cafe3499fa3e2f393fa.jpg

img_1434314_1_cb538ae0d738401ea736131bb6a70647.jpg

That's drop dead beautiful Joey!

GG, I'm so glad you mentioned chicken and cheese quesadillas!! I've been trying to think of something for dinner and that fits the bill for sure. I've been wanting to finish up the last of the rotisserie chicken.

Fish and broccoli never happened. When I "announced" that I was heading to the kitchen to start making supper, Himself said "what are we having, grilled cheese sandwiches?" just to be funny. Not funny. If anyone around here says "grilled cheese sandwiches" the only thing that fixes a hankering for one is making one. I had mine with bread-and-butter pickles. We split the last of the potato salad. I made the plates pretty with tomato and cukes and dill pickle.

We were supposed to have roasted chicken breasts with stuffing and veges but the chicken didn't get taken out of deep freeze in time to thaw. So, we had our Norman Van Aken caldo with Andouille (instead of chorizo which we thought we had in freezer but didn't), collard greens, white beans, poblano pepper, habanero, turnips, red onion, potatoes, shredded beef, and ham hock. Made some corn bread to go with.

Best of all, I made the whole recipe of soup so now we've got leftovers for today and another meal in the freezer.

Made coconut milk for the week, chicken broth, then whole wheat chicken and dumpling soup. Nothing too exciting but delish comfort food :)

Back
Top Bottom