Sunday dinner, April 10th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I making chicken soup using the bok choy broth from the freezer, mini baby carrots, chopped onion and celery, garlic... so far.

I'll have some with a burger topped with bleu cheese and bacon.

Roast chicken, pilaf and steamed or glazed carrots.
What a coincidence!

Whole chicken cut into parts (tossed with EVOO, poultry seasoning, rubbed sage, Garlic powder, Onion powder, Goya Adobo Seasoning, Accent, ground Sea Salt, Ground peppercorns, Cayenne, Hungarian Hot Paprika , ground red pepper flakes, ground thyme and ground rosemary) pan seared then roasted with sliced mushroom caps and onion.

img_989102_0_7e0c3399ee3f12bbebee37943e97a9e7.jpg

Sides are rice pilaf (sliced mushroom caps & onion sautéed in garlic butter till soft then add rice medley (Trader Joe’s rice blends - long grain brown rice, basmati rice, wild rice, black barley, Daikon radish seeds, garden herbs & vegetables), ground Sea Salt, Ground peppercorns, saffron and homemade chicken stock), string bean salad (steamed fresh string beans, EVOO, lemon juice, ground Sea Salt, Ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes and dry minced garlic) and pan gravy.

img_989102_1_d8c7899461e82a09a2e63a6473a6e1c5.jpg

Don't know why, but I haven't felt 100% today, even though Glenn and I did get some of the garden planting done. Four and a half rows of corn and almost a full row of peas.

I made oven-crisped chicken tenders, multi-bean vinegar salad, broccoli, iced tea, with ice cream sundaes for dessert.

Don't know why, but I haven't felt 100% today, even though Glenn and I did get some of the garden planting done. Four and a half rows of corn and almost a full row of peas.

I made oven-crisped chicken tenders, multi-bean vinegar salad, broccoli, iced tea, with ice cream sundaes for dessert.

What is Mulit-bean vinegar salad?:chef:

(((hugs)))

I hope you aren't coming down with what I have. A friend seems to have had the same thing and it took her three weeks to get over the worst of it. I think it's "going 'round", because I haven't seen her in months.

I had the creamed spinach late morning, a chicken sub around mid afternoon, and I just haven't felt hungry enough to warrant cooking dinner. Maybe the unusually warm day threw me off? I'm still holding out hope I get hungry soon though. I almost feel like grilling the brats just so I have some cold ones to munch on tomorrow, but then I know I'll make potato wedges, maybe something else and next thing you know I've got a big dinner... and really, a bowl of cereal would suit me just fine right now, lol.

I had the creamed spinach late morning, a chicken sub around mid afternoon, and I just haven't felt hungry enough to warrant cooking dinner. Maybe the unusually warm day threw me off? I'm still holding out hope I get hungry soon though. I almost feel like grilling the brats just so I have some cold ones to munch on tomorrow, but then I know I'll make potato wedges, maybe something else and next thing you know I've got a big dinner... and really, a bowl of cereal would suit me just fine right now, lol.

Oatmeal tonight! I love it for dinner!

Love porcupine meatballs Barb. :). Have you ever pressure cooked them? I learned that from my MIL. Turn out great every time, no breakage or crumbling.
Not sure what's for dinner, maybe Chicken and Noodles or chicken soup. But, after reading some of these posts I have a hankering for cabbage rolls and Pierogi!
No, I haven't tried that. I may someday, but baking them was so quick and easy that I may just stick to that. :cool:

When I'm not really hungry, I try to take advantage of saving a few calories. If I really do get sort of hungry later, I'm not usually very hungry and have a couple of crackers instead of cooking and making a mess, plus eating too much.

What is Mulit-bean vinegar salad?:chef:

It's a refrigerated dish comprised of canned green beans, canned wax beans, canned dark kidney beans, all drained. Then, in a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup white vinegar and 1/3 cup granulated sugar. Cook until the sugar is dissolved. Pour that over the beans, along with 1/2 cup oil, 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper, 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper, 1 cup chopped red onion, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, a touch of salt, and some chopped fresh parsley. Refrigerate several hours or, better, overnight. Pretty yummy.

My mother used to make bean salad, Katie, not with the peppers though.
I always figured it was a German thing, like German potato salad, only cold and with beans, lol.

Yep, going with the cereal. Grape nut flakes with a sliced banana. And I'll be thinking I'm starving about 9:00 tomorrow morning.

It's a refrigerated dish comprised of canned green beans, canned wax beans, canned dark kidney beans, all drained. Then, in a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup white vinegar and 1/3 cup granulated sugar. Cook until the sugar is dissolved. Pour that over the beans, along with 1/2 cup oil, 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper, 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper, 1 cup chopped red onion, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, a touch of salt, and some chopped fresh parsley. Refrigerate several hours or, better, overnight. Pretty yummy.

Oh, Three bean salad. I never cook the vinegar and sugar, just stir until dissolved. I also use red wine vinegar and add dill weed.:chef: Almost forgot, I double the marinating ingredients.

I really love reading what you all are making.. it always gives me inspiration for my weekly menus. :)

Tonight I made a pasta dish I came up with years ago.. It's nothing special.. braised italian sausages that are sliced after they are almost done then thrown back into the pan with some oil to brown up on all sides, sauteed sliced onions and chopped garlic, lots of lambrusco wine, a can or two of diced fire roasted tomatoes (drained) and lots of fresh basil.. I let that simmer while the spaghetti cooks and once it's almost done i throw the pasta into the sauce to let it finish cooking and then grate some parm on top. It's my favorite thing, and our bestfriends came over to enjoy it with us. :)

Last edited:
Dinner was roast beef with carrots, onions, celery, and potatoes cooked with the roast, mixed veggies (corn, carrots, peas, green beans), and salad. I use the drippings from the beef to make a pan sauce instead of a gravy.

Back
Top Bottom