Sunday Dinner April 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
It's the nicest day of the year here in MA. The sun is shining and the temperature is around 60ºF for the first time since Thanksgiving week.

I'm planning a meatloaf and Caesar salad for dinner tonight. This meatoaf recipe is a conversion of an Armenian recipe for seasoned ground lamb cooked on a skewer (luleh kebab). It's the meatloaf recipe SO likes best of the ones I make.

What's planned for your table?

My son and I are making fresh ground hamburger today.
That is if I ever get off my tush and get things set up.

So it's going to be Grilled burgers. Garlic fries.Salad.Deviled eggs if I have the time.

Chicken mole, Mexican rice and avocado slices with lime juice and salt.

I'm playing with a roasted leek, smoked sweet red pepper, chicken lasagna. Not sure how it's going to turn out. In my mind, it tastes great. And a green salad as the side.

I made a monster and a half meatloaf. They came out wonderful. I'll probably have a vegetable later, maybe asparagus in garlic butter

The reason for the monsterous meatloaves (a double batch) is that I take the leftovers and slice for the freezer (easy dinner, no dishes to wash), but a single batch just didn't make enough of those freezer dinners.

Sometimes I cook, sometimes I don't feel like doing all the cleanup, so a tried and true microwave dinner that always tastes good is the ticket.

Last edited:
Looks good, Wyshie! :yum:

I picked up some eggplant hummus, whole wheat pita bread, and smoked gouda at TJ's yesterday. I think I'll just nibble on that, cut up a mango, and call it good.

Andy, it sure is nice to hear that you're having such good weather. :)

I realized after reading through this thread, that I haven't had meatloaf in quite a while. Sounds good. :yum:

Somewhere on top of the spinach is a burger w/ tomato,ham, bacon,cheese,pepper & onion.

img_1417593_0_3ec1f04d59259fa65e7720f4d704e531.jpg

We're having grilled rib eye steaks, fried duck fat potatoes on the grill side burner so I don't mess up my just cleaned stovetop, and SC is making glorified green salads.

Last edited:
Looks good, Wyshie! :yum:

I picked up some eggplant hummus, whole wheat pita bread, and smoked gouda at TJ's yesterday. I think I'll just nibble on that, cut up a mango, and call it good.

Andy, it sure is nice to hear that you're having such good weather. :)

I realized after reading through this thread, that I haven't had meatloaf in quite a while. Sounds good. :yum:

Thanks, CJ., I make meatloaf every month. The freezer meals are great for easy dinners. Try it. It'll be a nice change for you.

We're having grilled rib eye steaks, fried duck fat potatoes on the grill side burner so I don't mess up my just cleaned stovetop, and SC is making glorified green salads.

We have enough steak for at least one more meal, but the duck fried potatoes with onions was a new treat for both of us...wow.. all the wonderful flavor I heard about but we never knew till roasting our first duck.

img_1417604_0_c6f9e8039384cfda42be6588d3c3f111.jpg

We have enough steak for at least one more meal, but the duck fried potatoes with onions was a new treat for both of us...wow.. all the wonderful flavor I heard about but we never knew till roasting our first duck.

img_1417613_0_c6f9e8039384cfda42be6588d3c3f111.jpg

Nice, makes me want steak now!

Our little home "weather station" recorded a high of 74.7 today! :w00t2: An ideal temperature, in my humble opinion. To celebrate, we each had a scoop of ice cream for dinner.

Our dessert consisted of fresh green beans lightly simmered with ham chunks, and from-scratch mac and cheese. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom