Sunday Dinner, April 9th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well the braising liquid does have a decent amount of vinegar (that is the predominate smell in the house right now) so I would think this could count.

Naw...I saw that episode. That would be considered a mop. I mean, it looked like a decent mop and no self respecting ribophile would be without one, but a mop nonetheless :P.

Alton is a very minimalist kind of guy (surprising given the fact that he's also a level 27 gadget geek master)--which is usually ok. But in the case of ribs...I feel they have to be complex and have a lot of layers of flavor accentuating the meat itself. Which means rub, mop, *maybe* a glaze, and then sauce.

Last edited:
Rigatoni with italian sausage and zucchini (sp?) and smothered cabbage with pancetta. I just started the cabbage.

We had beef braciolle, which simmered in tomatoe sauce all day, and spaghetti, garlic bread.

Well the ribs are done and eaten. They were falling off the bone tender and they tasted OK, but I will not use this braising liquid again. It just didn't do it for me. My wife enjoyed them which is huge because she has never really eaten ribs before. She does not like eating things off of bones, even chicken wings. She ate them though and even though I could tell it bothered her a little she kept eating and enjoying them.

Rachel LOVED the ribs. My rub has a decent kick to it, but that did not seem to bother her at all. At first we were just pulling little pieces of meat off the bone to give to her, but she was eating it faster than we could get it on her plate so I ended up just giving her a whole bone. She was so happy with that. She has a bone in each had and would not take them out of her mouth. The amazing thing is how clean she stayed. I had 10x more sauce on my face than she did. Here is a picture of her enjoying her dinner.

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 199
Oh GB she's adorable...........now only if she had red hair she could of beat on the tray and impersonated Bam Bam!

Today was DH 43rd Bday so I make him spagetti.

LOL thanks Sizz! We were actually saying the same thing. DW asked if she wanted a bone in her hair :)

:LOL: I used to love it when my kids were little and they tried their first taste of things. However, they were never so neat as to not end up with more on their faces than in their mouths. The best was always chocolate pudding.

Hey GB, I was going to ask about the taste, But, a picture paints a thousand words. That made my day seing Rachel going at those ribs. Congratulations, on your accomplishment on the dinner.

It's been a tough week around here GB, but looking at that beautiful little face eating her dad's ribs with that cute smile, it just made me smile and know there is always something to smile about when little children are involved.

kadesma:)

Boy, lots of people really got into cooking yesterday. I made pork schnitzel with lemon, vermouth, mushrooms and lemon (sort of picata), couscous, and cucumber salad. I needed something fast because we were driving around the countryside and I didn't know how long I'd have to fix supper. You really cannot beat couscous for a fast starch.

Oh, Aunt Dot, I love liver! I've never had veal liver, not seen it in stores around here in spite of living smack dab in dairy country. Actually the only kinds of liver I've had were chicken, duck, goose, and beef. Never lamb, veal (which has to be more tender than beef?) or pork. Do they taste much different?

Back
Top Bottom