Sunday Dinner...Aug. 3, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had a hankerin' for taco somethings. But so far, the meat turned out so tasty that it's almost gone...DH and I keep sneaking bites.

Anyway, my initial plan was to serve it over Tostitos along with shredded cheddar, low fat sour cream, cherry toms and sliced green onions.

Recovering from a party yesterday, so I don't feel like doing much. It will be hot dogs and maybe some potato salad and/or cole slaw.

I'm pretty sure I've decided to make meatballs. Not sure what kind. I also bought New York strip steaks today. The temp outside is down to 77°F and I'm not sure I want to turn the oven on to 400°F to bake the meatballs. The steaks can be grilled outside. Hmmmm. So it's bbq'd meatballs with egg noodles (I guess) or grilled steak and baked potatoes. I need to use those potatoes, so I guess that's it.

Steak and potatoes tonight, meatballs and noodles tomorrow! :)

Stuffed vegetables. I'm using a Penzeys recipe I modified a little. It uses their Turkish Seasoning.

Flounder sauteed in butter, corn-on-the cob from our garden, tossed salad with tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden, iced tea and mixed berry cobbler with whipped cream. The blackberries came from our garden, too.

Love this time of the year.

We are having bbq pulled pork on potato buns. Coleslaw. And I made a red velvet bunt cake.

A little bit of a cheat meal, Trader Joe's Country Potatoes with French Green Beans and Wild Mushrooms (from the freezer case), steamed French Green Beans and boneless-skinless Chicken Thighs grilled with some Olive Oil and Greek Seasoning

56875-albums996-picture5990.jpg

It turned out to be a lazy day and I pulled out a Trader Joe's frozen lasagne. It was darn good too, although it's rare that anything from TJ's has let me down. We had a loaded green salad with it.

Nice pic's Kgirl and S&P !!!

Last edited:
Made a rummage version of Eggs Benedict from found stuff in the refrigerator. Whole wheat muffins, deli ham, spinach, eggs, and homemade Gouda cheese sauce. Himself declared them "mmm--good!" so I'm happy.

The local Restaurant Depot moved to a new, much larger building. I had never had a card to shop there, but Saturday changed that when a buddy who owns a dive outfitting business hooked me up. Karen and I went shopping and picked up a few items, one of which was a bag of the most beautiful poblanos I have ever seen. Yesterday I roasted them and made a green chili sauce with some. I also made chicken enchiladas with some chopped up poblanos in the filling. Refried beans (I used Manteca) and rice for sides.

I made pot roast, small red taters in jackets cooked in the pot roast jus, steamed baby spinach on the side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom