"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,303
I had such a filling breakfast (the Chickenkeeper Special--you have to request it, it usually isn't on the menu at the chain breakfast restaurant places), that I just went with some raw kohlrabi, steamed beans, and veggie juice (mostly beet and carrot).
__________________

__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #22
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: SE Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,655
lamb sausage with pasta, fresh made sauce, zucchini, and peppers.

today was tomato day: roasted 2 bushels of tomatoes for sauce for the freezer.
__________________

__________________
Robo410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #23
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
We had an errand to run after church so we had a late lunch, then a late nap, so supper will be a little later. All beef hot dogs with mustard (no buns), cottage cheese, and a vegetable.
__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,874
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
We had a French omelette, made with eggs from CWS, Jarlsberg, and chives from the garden. It was awesome. I served it with a salad of mixed baby greens with homemade ranch dressing. We also had potatoes from CWS. OMG, I have never had potatoes with that much flavour in NA before. Just boiled them and served with butter and a sprinkle of parsley from the garden. We also had breakfast sausage patties that I made up this afternoon. Served it with white wine. Bunkycooks Cantaloupe Martinis Ooh La La! for desert. I am drinking that now. Very different, but good. I'll make those again.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,874
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I had such a filling breakfast (the Chickenkeeper Special--you have to request it, it usually isn't on the menu at the chain breakfast restaurant places), that I just went with some raw kohlrabi, steamed beans, and veggie juice (mostly beet and carrot).
Do they actually call it a Chickenkeeper Special? What is it?
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Do they actually call it a Chickenkeeper Special? What is it?
No--that's what I call it--it was a bit of humor. I posted pics this morning in the "what have you had for breakfast lately" thread.

I told you those potatoes were awesome! Glad you enjoyed them, and the eggs! If you're going to Cornwall anytime soon, let me know and I'll met you at the farm, we can dig potatoes.
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
We had a French omelette, made with eggs from CWS, Jarlsberg, and chives from the garden. It was awesome. I served it with a salad of mixed baby greens with homemade ranch dressing. We also had potatoes from CWS. OMG, I have never had potatoes with that much flavour in NA before. Just boiled them and served with butter and a sprinkle of parsley from the garden. We also had breakfast sausage patties that I made up this afternoon. Served it with white wine. Bunkycooks Cantaloupe Martinis Ooh La La! for desert. I am drinking that now. Very different, but good. I'll make those again.
Wait until you try the cabbage! Also very, very good. I thought you ate organic potatoes all the time? Those were Kennebecs, if I recall. I don't think I dug any red or blues on Wednesday a.m. before I left.
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,874
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Wait until you try the cabbage! Also very, very good. I thought you ate organic potatoes all the time? Those were Kennebecs, if I recall. I don't think I dug any red or blues on Wednesday a.m. before I left.
I do eat organic potatoes all the time, but they were never as flavourful as yours.

We ate all the small ones. I was going to make Hasselback potatoes with the big ones, but Stirling and I agreed that that would be gilding the lily. Those potatoes are so yummy that they should be served plain with butter. The fanciest thing I might do with them is mashed potatoes. They don't need any enhancement.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I do eat organic potatoes all the time, but they were never as flavourful as yours.
Maybe, just maybe, it is because The Girls help plant them.
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,874
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Maybe, just maybe, it is because The Girls help plant them.
That could very well be the reason. I edited that post and added stuff.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dinner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.