Sunday dinner, August 12, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had such a filling breakfast (the Chickenkeeper Special--you have to request it, it usually isn't on the menu at the chain breakfast restaurant places), that I just went with some raw kohlrabi, steamed beans, and veggie juice (mostly beet and carrot).

lamb sausage with pasta, fresh made sauce, zucchini, and peppers.

today was tomato day: roasted 2 bushels of tomatoes for sauce for the freezer.

We had an errand to run after church so we had a late lunch, then a late nap, so supper will be a little later. All beef hot dogs with mustard (no buns), cottage cheese, and a vegetable.

We had a French omelette, made with eggs from CWS, Jarlsberg, and chives from the garden. It was awesome. I served it with a salad of mixed baby greens with homemade ranch dressing. We also had potatoes from CWS. OMG, I have never had potatoes with that much flavour in NA before. Just boiled them and served with butter and a sprinkle of parsley from the garden. We also had breakfast sausage patties that I made up this afternoon. Served it with white wine. Bunkycooks » Cantaloupe Martinis – Ooh La La! for desert. I am drinking that now. Very different, but good. I'll make those again.

I had such a filling breakfast (the Chickenkeeper Special--you have to request it, it usually isn't on the menu at the chain breakfast restaurant places), that I just went with some raw kohlrabi, steamed beans, and veggie juice (mostly beet and carrot).
Do they actually call it a Chickenkeeper Special? What is it?

Do they actually call it a Chickenkeeper Special? What is it?
No--that's what I call it--it was a bit of humor. I posted pics this morning in the "what have you had for breakfast lately" thread.

I told you those potatoes were awesome! Glad you enjoyed them, and the eggs! If you're going to Cornwall anytime soon, let me know and I'll met you at the farm, we can dig potatoes.

We had a French omelette, made with eggs from CWS, Jarlsberg, and chives from the garden. It was awesome. I served it with a salad of mixed baby greens with homemade ranch dressing. We also had potatoes from CWS. OMG, I have never had potatoes with that much flavour in NA before. Just boiled them and served with butter and a sprinkle of parsley from the garden. We also had breakfast sausage patties that I made up this afternoon. Served it with white wine. Bunkycooks » Cantaloupe Martinis – Ooh La La! for desert. I am drinking that now. Very different, but good. I'll make those again.
Wait until you try the cabbage! Also very, very good. I thought you ate organic potatoes all the time? Those were Kennebecs, if I recall. I don't think I dug any red or blues on Wednesday a.m. before I left.

Wait until you try the cabbage! Also very, very good. I thought you ate organic potatoes all the time? Those were Kennebecs, if I recall. I don't think I dug any red or blues on Wednesday a.m. before I left.
I do eat organic potatoes all the time, but they were never as flavourful as yours.

We ate all the small ones. I was going to make Hasselback potatoes with the big ones, but Stirling and I agreed that that would be gilding the lily. Those potatoes are so yummy that they should be served plain with butter. The fanciest thing I might do with them is mashed potatoes. They don't need any enhancement.

Last edited:
I do eat organic potatoes all the time, but they were never as flavourful as yours.

We ate all the small ones. I was going to make Hasselback potatoes with the big ones, but Stirling and I agreed that that would be gilding the lily. Those potatoes are so yummy that they should be served plain with butter. The fanciest thing I might do with them is mashed potatoes. They don't need any enhancement.
Even mashing them is a bit much. I did, however, really enjoy the fries I made with them a week or so ago, and the potato salad, but our favorite is to boil them, toss with butter and a bit of fresh parsley, little, small, medium, or large potato, that's our favorite thing to do with them. We planted them about the 2nd or 3rd week of April this year. The girls were right there helping (had to keep them from digging them up)! Little brat gardeners that they are. :LOL: Once we dig the ones for storage (we let those cure in the sun for a day or two), we will eat them in scalloped potatoes, etc. We don't get a lot of potatoes--maybe 100 - 150 lb--and cost wise, they cost more to grow than buy, but they sure are good.

Those Taties sound good ladies. We had some from our garden last night. ;-). Tonight we had pasta with A mushroom white wine and garlic sauce and meatballs made with half ground beef and half Italian sausage. I procured the sausage from a local sausage maker and it was fabulous, I believe I will be a new customer! We also had fresh green beans from the garden , just steamed and buttered. I think there is still some raspberry ice cream for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom