Sunday dinner, August 12, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i have to work until noon-ish, but i'll forego sleep today so we can go to a sweet corn festival in upstate, n.y..

i'm hoping the orchard still has peaches and plums ready to pick. if not, the corn picked minutes before is a sweet as fruit.

dinner will be some local restaurant or diner, or maybe a joint near home depending on how early we leave, and how much corn and fruit we mooch. :innocent:

what are your plans for sunday dinner?

i have to work until noon-ish, but i'll forego sleep today so we can go to a sweet corn festival in upstate, n.y..

i'm hoping the orchard still has peaches and plums ready to pick. if not, the corn picked minutes before is a sweet as fruit.

dinner will be some local restaurant or diner, or maybe a joint near home depending on how early we leave, and how much corn and fruit we mooch. :innocent:

I hope you can get some Pirate corn for your son!?

argh, i might look dumb, aunt bea, but i know when i'm bein' had.

since he's a kid, they only charge a half a buck-an-ear... (really! about 50 cents an ear).

i also hope to bring home dickfers.

Last edited:
We got crabs.:ermm: Blue ones that is. A little time in the sauna at La Steamer Spa and I'll get to picken.

How far upstate are you heading?

I have a meatloaf thawing so we'll have that with some kind of potato. I'm hankering for roasted potatoes but the family may insist on mashed. Salads to go with it.

Our one eggplant plant is producing in a very prolific manner, so I plan to prepare eggplant Parmesan tonight with some of its bounty. There may be enough Italian green beans for a side, too, and there's a loaf of French bread in the freezer I made before my surgery. I'll butter and garlic it up to go along with. Not sure what else besides iced tea. We'll finish off the last of the Old Kentucky Nut Cake for dessert.

This is my Sunday dinner selection:
-RAVIOLI DI MARE (seafood ravioli)
_LASAGNE ALLA BOLOGNESE (Lasagnas with meat sauce)
-LASAGNE AI FUNGHI (mushrooms lasagnas)
-CANNELLONI CON CAPRINO E SPINACI (cannelloni with spinach and goat cheese)
-TORTELLONI VERDI AL MASCARPONE (spinach pasta tortelloni stuffed with mascarpone cheese)
The choice is limited to what the dinner guests don't eat....

Lamb chops with lemon garlic sauce, coins of small (1" dia.) zucchni dressed with butter and grated parmigiano, green bean and potato cooked in water flavored Minors chicken soup base and dressed with diced onion, evoo, vinegar, and basil pesto. Duboeuf Couvee Rouge.

I took some New York Strip steaks out of the freezer. I also have some corn I got at the farmers market. Looks like a grilling night tonight!

Yum....great sounding meals, especially the grilled ones. Can't wait to get back into outdoor grilling - just been too hot lately.

This afternoon's dinner here is just chilled cantaloupe, cherries, mango, plums, and edamame. French vanilla ice cream with blueberries a little later on.

Back
Top Bottom