Sunday Dinner Dec. 15th.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just wrote this on the Tailgating thread. Totchos. Nachos + tater tots plus toppings and salsa.
My mom used to make this when I was a kid and it's still one of my favorites, Whisk. My wife won't eat it, so sometimes when she's out of town I'll have it for dinner. Tator tots, burger with Mexican seasonings, shredded cheese, and salsa. Much neater than nachos because you can eat it with a fork!

Tonight we had a simple dinner of homemade tomato basil soup and a grilled cheese sammich.

Last edited:
We were half soup (I almost finished yesterday's leftover chicken barley) and half pork steaks with onion gravy (Himself left one small piece of that) but I can say we were all leftovers. Except for the tube of Grands biscuits - of which half is left over. :LOL: Spent the afternoon doing a little cleaning in case we get a cat sitter and a little decorating in case we end up staying home. That part should be in the "venting" thread, but not until I get my blood pressure back near normal...:mad:

My 'go to' supper is .... open another bottle of wine and check the freezer.

Understand, I'm cooking for one, so I try to pare down all recipes for 2 servings. Difficult. If I haven't scarfed down both servings at the time of making.... I then usually end up eating the 2nd part for breakfast :D.

If I make 4 servings, I freeze the other portions. Most times it works and I have many different meals just waiting in the freezer for those nights when cooking just isn't going to happen!

Hah! which reminds me.... Power failure, hockey play offs, so 4 kids turned up to watch my TV as I had a generator, to which they also hooked up the micro wave! Everyone had a completely different meal. I called out the labels and someone said "ME!" Pretty awesome night!

My 'go to' supper is .... open another bottle of wine and check the freezer.

Understand, I'm cooking for one, so I try to pare down all recipes for 2 servings. Difficult. If I haven't scarfed down both servings at the time of making.... I then usually end up eating the 2nd part for breakfast :D.

If I make 4 servings, I freeze the other portions. Most times it works and I have many different meals just waiting in the freezer for those nights when cooking just isn't going to happen!

Hah! which reminds me.... Power failure, hockey play offs, so 4 kids turned up to watch my TV as I had a generator, to which they also hooked up the micro wave! Everyone had a completely different meal. I called out the labels and someone said "ME!" Pretty awesome night!
That does sound fun.

...Hah! which reminds me.... Power failure, hockey play offs, so 4 kids turned up to watch my TV as I had a generator, to which they also hooked up the micro wave! Everyone had a completely different meal. I called out the labels and someone said "ME!" Pretty awesome night!
How loud did you have that TV? :LOL: There had to be some way they knew you had power. Next power outage, party at dragn's place!

Oh, and the dividing-and-freezing method right away is a good way to make sure you have those pre-made meals. There are two of us, but if I don't set half aside before calling Himself to dinner it seems I end up with enough leftover for only one more serving...:ermm:

How loud did you have that TV? :LOL: There had to be some way they knew you had power. Next power outage, party at dragn's place!

Oh, and the dividing-and-freezing method right away is a good way to make sure you have those pre-made meals. There are two of us, but if I don't set half aside before calling Himself to dinner it seems I end up with enough leftover for only one more serving...:ermm:
It's easy to know who has power. They have lights.

Same thing happens at my house with the extra servings. I'll have to remember that, put away extra servings before supper.

Baking is waaaay outisde my comfort zone. Especially with a squirrely oven. Plus I just hate flour. It's so messy :LOL:

If you can mix cement for the mailbox, you can bake cookies! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Start out with the refrigerated lumps of dough. That new toaster oven might be just right for a half a dozen warm cookies on a snowy day, nothing says ya gotta bake them all at once.

Move up to a pouch of peanut butter cookie mix and then you'll be ready to solo with a batch of cookies made from scratch.

Now when I make peanut butter cookies I always use the pouches because it is cheaper than making a small batch from scratch. No one seems to notice the difference in the taste. Maybe I always made lousy peanut butter cookies, who knows! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I seldom bake cookies. My problem isn't the cookie dough, it's that I forget about the cookies and burn them.

I don't forget them I just get bored with baking a large batch of cookies, the cookies keep getting bigger and bigger. I have cut down some of my recipes so I end up with about 12-18 nice cookies in a batch, still too many! :(

I don't forget them I just get bored with baking a large batch of cookies, the cookies keep getting bigger and bigger. I have cut down some of my recipes so I end up with about 12-18 nice cookies in a batch, still too many! :(

Make up a batch of dough, make cookie balls and freeze them. Then when you have a craving just pull out 6 frozen cookie balls and bake 'em up.

Make up a batch of dough, make cookie balls and freeze them. Then when you have a craving just pull out 6 frozen cookie balls and bake 'em up.

Alix, that is a great tip for normal people!

You would find me in the kitchen at 3:00am basking in the glow of the oven light waiting for a snack, every night! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Directions please.....

:ROFLMAO: and I mean to your house, not the food.

Although the potato fennel gratin sounds good, I could use those instructions as I'm guessing dinner is over. :(

Just follow the other license plates on I-95 south, that have the saying, "Je Me Souviens", until you hit Ft. Lauderdale and then..........:ROFLMAO: Oh, you want the recipe?

Just follow the other license plates on I-95 south,

:LOL: Oh goodness, that is just toooo funny! for years I drove snowbird's cars south for them to winter, then brought them back in the spring! Just the cars, no passengers! Going south, would time it to meet them when they arrived at the airport and hand over the car. North, would take them to the airport, then deliver their car to their homes. My ex is still doing it. Usually it was to Ft L. but sometimes to the other side. I really enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom