Sunday Dinner Dec. 15th.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'm thawing a couple of nice thick slices of beef shin for a beef barley soup for tonight's dinner.

Seems like a soup day. Well, at least two of us will have soup.

I'm going to make a big pot of oxtail soup. We'll have roasted garlic/rosemary crusty bread with it, iced tea and a few more of the coconut-cashew-white chocolate chip cookies. Can't wait for the soup. Love, love, love this recipe.

Um, recipe for the cookies please? I'll sub out the cashews (allergies) but it sounds amazing!

We are waiting to see if we will have guests for dinner. Depending on whether we do or not will decide our dinner. Its either a giant stir fry with noodles, or pasta carbonara. Dessert is a rhubarb crisp which is in the oven right now and smelling yummy.

Depending on how I am feeling in a few hours, we will either have pork steaks or whatever TB decides to bring home. ;)

Pardon me if I repeat myself. I have reached an age where I no longer feel guilty if I've told the same story twice. :angel:

Just wrote this on the Tailgating thread. Totchos. Nachos + tater tots plus toppings and salsa.

Also I was gifted some holiday cookies. I already started nibbling these.

Um, recipe for the cookies please? I'll sub out the cashews (allergies) but it sounds amazing!

We are waiting to see if we will have guests for dinner. Depending on whether we do or not will decide our dinner. Its either a giant stir fry with noodles, or pasta carbonara. Dessert is a rhubarb crisp which is in the oven right now and smelling yummy.

Don't get too excited about the cookies, Alix. I just threw them together using cake mix. What I did was to use one box of coconut cake mix, 2 eggs, a couple of tablespoons water to moisten up the dough, 1/2 cup vegetable oil and some vanilla extract. Then I added some shredded coconut, some toasted chopped cashews, and a cup of white chocolate chips. Dropped them onto a cookie sheet and baked them at 350F for about 12 to 15 minutes, until they were golden brown.

They were born out of necessity. I had intended to make another type of cake mix cookie but I didn't have any yellow cake mix. Thought I did but didn't, so had to improvise with what else I had on hand. They're great.

You should post this in the correct forum, Katie, so it doesn't get lost here in the dinner thread. They sound delicious.

Thanks for the reminder, pac. I guess I was on "automatic" answering Alix's question. I'll go and post them in the cookies forum.

Thanks for posting a separate thread. I'm already subscribed to that thread.
I'm all over these cookies. They will be the first cookies I've ever made.

Thanks for posting a separate thread. I'm already subscribed to that thread.
I'm all over these cookies. They will be the first cookies I've ever made.

What? :shock: No cookies, Pac? Not even the Tollhouse chocolate chip? We all made those as middle schoolers!

Oh, well, have fun, sounds like a great recipe!

I found some smoked salmon that fell behind the freezer drawer, and we have some cream cheese. LP's glazed carrots have inspired me to do a carrot, celery and green onion stir fry.

Last edited:
Veg soup (I've been cleaning out the 'fridge) and Portobello mushrooms stuffed with Wensleydale cheese (a fairly mild crumbly cheese from Yorkshire) and leeks and crusty bread and butter.

Last edited:
Ham and Bean soup with Honey Cornbread. Just waiting for the cornbread to get done. Smells good, I'm trying a new cornbread mix.

Today the cold and snow got me cooking!

Oven fried chicken, gravy, mashed potatoes, carrot coins and cabbage salad!

No dessert! :(

The chicken and the gravy came out super today, I used half bacon fat and half oil so the gravy had chicken and that smoky bacon thing going on! :pig:

I wonder what the Walton's had for dinner today? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

What? :shock: No cookies, Pac? Not even the Tollhouse chocolate chip? We all made those as middle schoolers!...

Nope. Never made cookies. I don't bake much. That's why I was a bit surprised nobody said anything when I made New England style hot dog buns last week. That was the first time I've baked anything (using flour) in probably a year :ohmy: :LOL:

Well, for better or for worse I'll be having pizza shortly.
Made in my toaster oven no less.

Changed my mind. We are having grilled burgers (my own, half pork, half beef), salad and oven fries. TB will be very surprised when he calls and I say I am not ordering anything for him to pick up.

Nope. Never made cookies. I don't bake much. That's why I was a bit surprised nobody said anything when I made New England style hot dog buns last week. That was the first time I've baked anything (using flour) in probably a year :ohmy: :LOL:

At least grab a package or two of cookie dough from the refrigerated section of the grocery store!

How do those square lumps of dough know they are supposed to become round when they bake? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

At least grab a package or two of cookie dough from the refrigerated section of the grocery store!

How do those square lumps of dough know they are supposed to become round when they bake? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Those are surprisingly good, aren't they?

Back
Top Bottom