Sunday Dinner Dec.30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Mikey

Sous Chef
Football so finger foods here.

Ultimate Cajun BBQ Wings
Secret Recipe Meatballs
Cheeses
Salsa , Caso and Chips

a bit like Cuban style beans and rice here:
250px-Red_beans_and_rice.jpg

except there will be chorizo sausage and liquid smoke in there.

Inviting a friend for a simple meal

Tomato Salad with Basil-Pine Nut Dressing
Chicken Parmesan
Bulgar-Stuffed Zucchini

Dessert - Roasted Pears

Wine - Of course!

a bit like Cuban style beans and rice here:
250px-Red_beans_and_rice.jpg

except there will be chorizo sausage and liquid smoke in there.

How good is liquid smoke, right? I love to use it , adds such a depth of flavor. Too much kills a dish but a small sprinkle is impeccable.

Cranberry sauce
Heinz Chili Sauce
Garlic Powder
and or onion powder

Cook in crockpot or ontop of stove.

Football Sunday here too, so left over pork tenderloin sliced thin piled on seeded buns, topped with pepper jack cheese and horsey sauce. Wrapped in foil and put in warm oven. Coleslaw, and chips. Pecan or pumpkin pie for dessert.

Tonight is gnocchi with quattro fromaggio sauce with the option of tomato sauce if anyone doesn't want to completely clog their arteries. Salad to finish the meal. Anyone want to come over? We got a LOT.

How good is liquid smoke, right? I love to use it , adds such a depth of flavor. Too much kills a dish but a small sprinkle is impeccable.

well I`m not entirely sure if that`s a rhetorical question or not, but I happen to like it also, and it`s been a "Holy Grail" of mine for a VERY long time, until a kind Lady on here sent me some :)
Then I knew it WAS worth the search for it.
lemme give you a tip for the "Too Much" type accident that may occur, take the lid off the pan or whatever and heat it, you`ll find that Most liquid smokes will go to Nothing in about 20 mins no matter How much you put in by accident (you`r kitchen may smell like it though and next door might call a Fire engine out, but your food will be fine).
I`ll TRY and post a picture of our Actual food tonight (batteries and Memory willing).

I baked some breaded pork chops and served them with canellini beans cooked in chicken broth, garlic, parmesan and escarole, that's all for me, but also made dinner rolls & butter for DH.

The ground beef thread the other day gave me a hankering for Mexican Stuffed Shells. So, that is what I am having for dinner probably with a side of salad. For dessert a piece of the apple tart that my mom and I made the other day. What I really want for dessert is the chocolate cake that is sitting on the counter, but that is for a party tomorrow. Do you think they will notice that a piece is missing?

something salmon, maybe a remoulade sauce over it, and rice au gratin, with baby arugula and bacon dressing with mushrooms/mandarine orange segments/red onions/cashews, latte after dinner with cookies.

Depends on the smoke I guess. The old stuff I used by the drop. That is all gone now, and the new stuff I use by the tablespoon.

Home made Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice soup.
I wish it wasn't so filling so I could taste it some more!

Change of plans... Paul wanted pizza so.... he made the crust and I made the sauce.

I'm having grilled onions, mushrooms and cheese.
He's having raw onions, raw tomatoes, ground beef, pepperonii, olives and cheese.

Yummmmy!

Back
Top Bottom