Sunday Dinner - Dec 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me it is soup - all I have been able to handle this week. I told TB he can pick up anything he wants. Since it is his "Friday", he lets up a little with his food restrictions.

I am hoping he will pick Chinese which is on his way home and they have great won ton soup....not as good as my friend's, but still good medicine!

I made a small pot au feu, it made the house smell wonderful and it will provide the starting point of this weeks meals.

Tonight I will have some of the sliced beef with horseradish and vegetables that were cooked in the broth.

I always think of Inspector Jacques Clouseau when I say Pot au Feu! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Kind of a repeat here. Will reheat the pulled pork and heat up some baked beans instead of corn pudding. Was going to do shrimp and crab cakes but they are still pretty frozen after sitting in the fridge since yesterday! Guess they can wait another day.

Homemade marinara and meatballs on penne. Brought out my old 20+ year old bread machine, since I was inspired by another thread and made a loaf of bread, it came out nearly perfect!

Red beans and rice at our house tonight. Used a different brand of Andouille sausage this time. Very spicy. Hot enough to make a cowhand sweat in February.

Pretty lame for a cooking forum :)----- but here goes:

Tonight is Costco's pot stickers with my home-made hot oil. I could eat these almost every night!

A glass of tomato juice for one veggie.
Celery sticks for another.

Last piece of Bisquick peach cobbler.

That and a DVD movie and that's all she wrote.

About those panko crusted chicken strips----- I've never had them so will have to look for them. How do you fix them?
My Costco isn't one of those HUGE Costco's and they don't always carry everything other C's do.

Hi Cave, I used this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/panko-chicken-nuggets-recipe/index.html

I used a premade Thai spice blend that included all the spice stuff listed, and made my own buttermilk by adding a bit of cider vinegar to some milk. I made a honey mustard sauce by whisking some yellow mustard, honey, mayo, and some Oriental mustard powder together. The Oriental mustard powder spilled, so I had to dig out a handful, otherwise my sinuses would have been really clear!

They turned out great, nice and crispy!

BTW, nothing lame about your dinner!

Last edited:
Pretty lame for a cooking forum :)----- but here goes:

Tonight is Costco's pot stickers with my home-made hot oil. I could eat these almost every night!

A glass of tomato juice for one veggie.
Celery sticks for another.

Last piece of Bisquick peach cobbler.

That and a DVD movie and that's all she wrote.

About those panko crusted chicken strips----- I've never had them so will have to look for them. How do you fix them?
My Costco isn't one of those HUGE Costco's and they don't always carry everything other C's do.

Like Dawg said, I don't see anything lame there, either.

Pretty lame for a cooking forum :)----- but here goes.....
Um, no, not "lame". Sometimes it seems like we take turns with suppers made entirely out of Trader Joe's apps and small bites! :LOL:

It was going to be a slightly different take on kadesma's pork chops in onion gravy. My Mom used to do pork sirloin steaks that way all the time, except she never added cream. However, on the way home from 5PM Mass we stopped for a gallon of milk...and 40-something dollars later we had five bags AND a huge package of TP. The only thing not headed for the refrigerator was the TP, so we cleaned out the fridge to make room for the new stuff. It was like an Italian/German/Pilgrim buffet!

Some stuffed shells from Thanksgiving that I froze. It is not my favorite food. I don't like ricotta cheese. Never have. But this dish was reasonably seasoned.

These shells were sent to me from the man who owns the jewelry store that Spikes works for part time. His wife thinks Spike and I are incapable of feeding ourselves since we live alone. So she always makes extra on holidays so she can send us both some. She is an excellent Italian home cook.

When I went shopping this month, I really got a very large order. Enough to last for at least two months. And with all the food Mary sent down, I could cook until well into February and still not run out of food. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom