Sunday Dinner - Dec 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I always think of Ma's Sunday dinners when I look at the dinner thread on Sunday. Wishing all of kadesma's family well this Sunday. Thinking of you all.

We are having a prime rib roast with oven roasted potatoes, onions and carrots. We'll have some asparagus and a lovely salad (to be named later) to round out the meal. Dessert will be either cafe mocha cookies, or monster cookies, whichever grabs the diner's fancy.

Bought a couple of frenched lamb racks. I'll cut individual "lollipops" from one, marinate and grill. Will have couscous and raita.

One of the dishes brought to the party last night was a Filipino chicken, carrot, cabbage and rice noodle dish. The bringer did not want the rest of it and neither did anyone else, so I brought it home. Enough for the Ogre and me. I don't know what it is, but it sure does taste good! And there is some marionberry pie or banana bread for dessert.

I'm going to make a quick meat sauce after the game and we'll have that over spaghetti for dinner tonight.

Will make panko crusted chicken strips. I bought a lifetime supply of panko bread crumbs on our last Costco foray so I better start using them....

Will make panko crusted chicken strips. I bought a lifetime supply of panko bread crumbs on our last Costco foray so I better start using them....[/QUOTE

Lol Dawg! I bought those too! ( giant bag for the price of the teeny tiny one at the grocery store) Not sure what we are having tonight.....perhaps it should involve Panko crumbs......hmmmm

I'll probably replicate last night's dinner minus the corn.

Will make panko crusted chicken strips. I bought a lifetime supply of panko bread crumbs on our last Costco foray so I better start using them....[/QUOTE

Lol Dawg! I bought those too! ( giant bag for the price of the teeny tiny one at the grocery store) Not sure what we are having tonight.....perhaps it should involve Panko crumbs......hmmmm

How about an Asian inspired meatloaf? Can of chopped water chestnuts, rough chopped chow mein veggies, soy sauce, sesame seeds and panko mixed into the meat mix. Serve with sweet and sour sauce and rice.

:LOL: Bunny, maybe we should have split a box!

Good idea for meatloaf, PF.

Last edited:
It's time to start pulling the pork roast I made the other day. I think I'll make enchiladas and doctor up leftover Mexican rice from last night with veggies and seasonings to go alongside. I wonder if I have enough Mexican chocolate to make cookies?

They go faster than you think they will. Just the 2 of us and we're on our second box in less than 6 months and we don't fry stuff using pankos often. Definitely a good buy. Just keep in a sealed plastic bag after opening.

:LOL: Bunny, maybe we should have split a box!

Good idea for meatloaf, PF.

I use panko crumbs when I deep fry shrimp... or make Laurie's mushroom gratin. Actually, when I have anything that calls for bread crumbs I add a little panko.
Just don't let the weevils get to it :LOL:

One of the dishes brought to the party last night was a Filipino chicken, carrot, cabbage and rice noodle dish. The bringer did not want the rest of it and neither did anyone else, so I brought it home. Enough for the Ogre and me. I don't know what it is, but it sure does taste good! And there is some marionberry pie or banana bread for dessert.

Sounds like Pansit. If not for the bad weather between here and there I would swing by and help you get rid of that. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Great advice, guys, thanks! The panko is Kikkoman, and came in two foil-plastic ziplock bags in a big box. They're good till 2015.

DH did ask me what was I thinking when I bought them. As Bunny said, it was about the same price as the teeny little package in the grocery store.

Last edited:
Sounds like Pansit. If not for the bad weather between here and there I would swing by and help you get rid of that. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I missed what Vergie was calling it when she was describing it to someone else. I will ask her when I see her next, alas, we no longer work the same shift and don't see each other often. But I can ask any of the other Filipino nurses, they will know.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Ok, it's chicken wings, baked with an Old Bay Seasoning dry rub concoction -- Playing Pac's weekly football challenge. Veggies and blue cheese dip. I baked a loaf of banana bread this morning too.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Ok, it's chicken wings, baked with an Old Bay Seasoning dry rub concoction -- Playing Pac's weekly football challenge. Veggies and blue cheese dip. I baked a loaf of banana bread this morning too.

Old Bay, now why didn't I think of that :wacko:
Probably one of the few readily available spices not to grace my wings yet. Thanks for the idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom