Sunday Dinner - Jan 18/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Did I miss the thread?

We're having stuff done on the BBQ. Got one steak, a couple of chicken breasts and a sausage (ukrainian) that we're putting out there. I also have some potatoes to fry up.

I've not decided on a salad yet. Dessert will be ice cream.

Penni w/ red gravy

img_1406909_0_08c7dcf9576ff78bb73dc93b969ba075.jpg

Still can't bring myself to mess up our beautiful new stove yet, but I'm cooking on the grill tonight as the weather is beautiful.

We're having grilled chicken wings, a grill basket of marinated mixed veggies, and Mexican rice on the grill side burner. Strawberry shortcake for dessert with the first of the season berries here.

Last Tuesday I scored a huge bone-in pork shoulder and have been portioning it and finding ways to use it. I smoked the bone-in part yesterday for western Kentucky pulled pork. Got about 4 containers of that for the freezer. Then I divided the rest into 4 really thick shoulder steaks and a small roast.

So tonight...

We had my take on this baby back ribs recipe, using two of the shoulder steaks. Really turned out great and now I can't wait to try it on ribs. As our only side, we had these yummy potatoes. Washed all down with iced tea and almond cake pops for dessert.

Last edited:
Thanks, GotGarlic. I made the correction.

I also might add that I halved the recipe and used my smallest crock-pot. Plus, instead of layering the ingredients, I put everything into a big mixing bowl, stirred it up and poured it into the crock-pot. I thought the flavors would blend better that way.

Powerplant, looks good as always. S&P, your beer must have been hiding off camera. :LOL: Looks good.

Back is getting better, but not up to cooking yet so I had leftover pizza from last night, heated up on a hot dry skillet. Artichoke heart, olive oil and mozzarella on a thin crispy crust from Pizza Factory. It was pretty good.

Kay, you're going to have to cook on your new stove sooner or later....I did the same thing when I got my new range. :LOL: Let us know how you break her in. :chef:
edited...we're also just now getting fresh strawberries. Daughter is going to get a flat for us tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
Neither of us have any energy. I think this past week caught up with us. Easy supper: BGT sandwiches with cheese. Himself had the traditional lettuce, while my "G"reens were baby spinach. I griddled them on Challah bread with Muenster cheese that got all melty over the veggies.

I hear him clinking a spoon on a bowl from downstairs...I'm guessing he took me up on my offer to finish the last of the apple butter with cottage cheese if he got hungry. :LOL:

Homemade minestrone from the freezer and some toasts from the French bread I made the other day.

Great video!

A touch of Alfred Hitchcock, when you popped up on screen! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Is the stir fry oil with the garlic and ginger shelf stable?

Thank you! It was something cute that I have been wanting to for awhile! The effect was easy to do with my new software.

Its not really shelf stable. If strained and keep in the fridge you might get 2 or 3 weeks. Other wise I would only keep it for a week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom