Sunday Dinner..July 20, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
We're having mostly leftovers of grilled steak and veggies from last night.
I think I'll add some pasta with the pesto sauce I bought at Costco.

What's cookin at your house today? :chef:

Wifey is going to prepare dinner tonight because I'm working this Sunday. Sometimes it is a pleasure to come home and not have to jump into the kitchen immediately to assume cooking duties. Looking forward to the 'surprise' in store.

I'm trying yet a another new recipe for spicy grilled shrimp. I hope to find one I really like soon. Mexican rice and a veggie will accompany.

Shrek made a quick pickle of beets and eggs. I'm slicing it over baby greens with cucumber, radish and tomatoes. I'm making a dressing with the pickling brine. Dessert, a couple small chunks of dark chocolate and coffee.

I'm defrosting some pork loin chops. The plan is to brine then grill them. Not sure what else yet. Probably some homegrown green beans.

Last edited:
We had long night. Thunder and lightening had both the dogs in bed with us. 100 lbs of trembling nervousness. It was like sleeping in a vibrating bed that never needed quarters.

Comfort food is in order. I'm trying Chief's pork and beans (anasazi.) I dusted my pork loin ribs with some bbq rub and added the usual baked bean ingredients. Into the pressure cooking for a half hour or so. Served with cornbread, rice and a salad.

We had long night. Thunder and lightening had both the dogs in bed with us. 100 lbs of trembling nervousness. It was like sleeping in a vibrating bed that never needed quarters.

Comfort food is in order. I'm trying Chief's pork and beans (anasazi.) I dusted my pork loin ribs with some bbq rub and added the usual baked bean ingredients. Into the pressure cooking for a half hour or so. Served with cornbread, rice and a salad.

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

This is slightly embarrassing.....I can't remember the last time I posted an actual meal. Grandkids were here this weekend and we were beat by the time they left to go home, so we had chili dogs for dinner. ;). I'm such a lazy sot! I did however cook last night, it was grilled chicken pasta with salad .

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Grandkids will do that to ya, don't they, Bunny? :LOL: Yesterday was one of my grand's 4th birthday - we had a cookout and I was still so full today that tonight's dinner was just an avocado. :)

I had to work until 11:00 tonight, so I thawed out a single-serving container of homemade vegetable barley soup last night in the fridge and heated it in the microwave at work. I had some cucumber salad leftover, so I had that with the soup.

Not very exciting, but my job stinks and it's nice to have comfort food.

We're having mostly leftovers of grilled steak and veggies from last night.
I think I'll add some pasta with the pesto sauce I bought at Costco.

What's cookin at your house today? :chef:

How do you re heat the steak?
I turn on my deep fryer and drop or hold the piece of steak in the oil with tongs. Just for about 30 seconds for a two inch thick piece.

This prevents you from turning a rare steak to well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made penne with no-cook pasta sauce and pan-fried chicken sliced on the penne, and baguette topped with pesto and chopped tomatoes. Yummy summer dinner :yum:

How do you re heat the steak?
I turn on my deep fryer and drop or hold the piece of steak in the oil with tongs. Just for about 30 seconds for a two inch thick piece.

This prevents you from turning a rare steak to well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't deep fry anything, much less have a deep fryer ready to go for leftover steak. :LOL:

I just nuke it for 30 seconds, but keep in mind it's always blood rare to start. When it's warmed it's like most people eat it. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom