Sunday Dinner - July 3/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I decided to jazz up some box mac & cheese rather than making fries. I am getting a real taste for chipotle peppers in my mac and cheese. Besides, I had enough fried food going on :angel:
Perch sandwiches for lunch tomorrow, too. :)

Attachments

• perch dinner.jpg
    perch dinner.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 261
I grilled some burgers and corn-on-the-cob and heated up some beans. We had lettuce, tomato, and mayo on the burgers. YUM!!!

Thank you, Z!
Do you guys have perch down there? I don't even know, lol.

My favorite hamburger toppings, Dave.

Eggplant parmesan (eggplant breaded and fried in canola oil, then spread single layer on cookie sheet and topped with plain tomato sauce, herbs, spices, oregano, fresh grated parmesan and romano cheeses and sliced mozzarella, then placed under broiler to melt and brown top) and a salad dressed with McCormick parmesan and herb salad perfect pinch and lemon juice.

img_1019388_0_5a8474c4a27e02c5e2bf30e1ec239554.jpg

We spent the day making preparations for having 20+ guest for dinner after all the days festivities, car show, street fair, live music and such. Guest will end up at our house for a dinner of BBQ'd boneless pork ribs, potato salad, broccoli salad and baked beans followed by what else??? Strawberry blueberry rhubarb crisp with vanilla ice cream, that will probably be consumed while we enjoy the fireworks from our deck. After all the cooking/ cleaning we did today, we just threw a t-bone on the grill and previewed tomorrows potato salad!

Last edited:
I went up to my father's boat for a memorial party for his boat neighbor that passed away earlier this year. It was quite the turn out and there was tons to select from. I tried my dad's pulled pork and LOVED it... and I don't even like pork! It was so tender and tasted great topped with Stub's Spicy BBQ sauce.

Now I want pulled pork sandwiches on hawaiian sweet rolls......

Thank you, Z!
Do you guys have perch down there? I don't even know, lol.

Bump for Z, or anybody from down south USA.
Is perch common down there? Do you have it in your waters, in your stores?

Thanks. Ours up here are yellow perch. I didn't even know there was a white perch.

i love perch!!! hope to catch some in eastern pa. this weekend.

speaking of pa., since the weather was crappy we took a ride to the poconos yesterday for some shopping and eating.

we stopped at dunkelberger's sports outfitters for some fishing stuff, and i got to play with a 50 cal. bushmaster.

it shoots through schools! lol.

then i shut my brain down as dw shopped for clothes and shoes. finally, we went back to big daddy's bbq for some onion soup, ribs, smoked sausage, and bbq chicken. everything was awesome.

it was a good day.

In MN, perch were "catch and release." I think they were yellow perch. They weren't very big, usually, and usually you knew you had a perch on the line by the way they nibble the bait. According to my mom, who grew up fishing on Lake of the Woods, perch are wormy. Are they? I don't know, we never kept them--we were after walleye or sauger. We'd release the burbots (the type of fish we REALLY didn't like catching--getting them off the hook was a slimy/oily job). And, we didn't keep very many Northerns either (except for Poorman's Pickled Herring). They have a lot of bones and were hard to clean.

We did fish for sunfish ask kids when we lived on the MN/ND border--those we ate. My mom would pan fry those for us.

Bump for Z, or anybody from down south USA.
Is perch common down there? Do you have it in your waters, in your stores?

I haven't seen perch in the stores, and if it involves fishing I wouldn't know.

I rarely buy fish, as all I've seen are thin, flat, watery, frozen talapia. I wasn't at all impressed. So..I buy a $5 bag of tail on shrimp every month or so. I usually get 2 or 3 meals from that, or I'll splurge for some oysters and make oyster stew.

I've had a craving for crab meat lately, but it's very expensive and I've resisted so far.

Did you get to shoot that Bushy, BT, or just handle it? I didn't even know BM made one in that cal.

I've never ran into a wormy fish, CW, perch or otherwise.

This was our dinner last night... chicken-rice casserole with vegies and rolls. It's not the prettiest picture, but it was good.

img_1019647_0_4a9dc81725160e58fc7df225a91fb366.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd love to put five rnds of .50 through one of those Barretts at 1000 yds. Just handling one would be cool enough though. Heck, I'd like to just see one in person!

Back
Top Bottom