Sunday Dinner - July 3/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
So, what's for dinner in everyone's homes tonight? We're going to grill some chicken breast, have some teeny new potatoes with butter and chives, and a vegetable and salad to be named later. Its hot and lovely outside. I'm actually inside taking a cool off break. I have been sanding down a table, HOT work!

Sunday Brunch -First I am going to have a bowl of mixed blackberries, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries with creme fraiche. Then I already have my mess in place (mise en place) for an Italian fritatta with cubed potatoes, Italian sausage, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, pepperoncini, Pecorino Romano, and grandma's sauce. This will be complemented by garlic toast made with Italian bread and a mimosa with Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante.

Sunday Dinner - Ready-Pac Bistro chef's salad, spaghetti with grandma's sauce, veal parmigiana, garlic toast, and a 2008 Collezione Di Paolo Chianti

Last edited:
Hello eveyone,

Quiet Sunday at home. DH and boys are watching the Mets/Yankees game, and I'm fiddling around in the kitchen.

In-laws coming for dinner. I am marinating chicken pieces in olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, herbs, and salt & pepper which will get grilled later. On the side we're having a zucchini and eggplant gratin bake, and parmesan orzo.

Enjoy the day:chef:

Not sure about dinner yet. Lunch was Korean style spicy pork.

img_1019212_0_82a9d7441041472894f1860ae5b36434.jpg

We're having my Grandma's spare rib spaghetti sauce recipe, homemade hot Italian sausage, green beans, homemade bread, and vanilla cupcakes for dessert with a bottle of red wine.

Lots of confusion and chaos the day of Glenn's birthday, so we decided to have his birthday meal tonight. All his favorites.

Grilled ribeye steaks (nice and thick and marbled beautifully), sauteed onions and mushrooms, baked potatoes, tossed salad with greens and veggies from our garden, a nice bottle of red wine and, of course, blackberry birthday pie a la mode. I made two pies on his birthday to ensure there'd be some for us.

No dinner at our home tonight.

We're going out for dinner. I think SO wants to go to the Longhorn. That's OK with me.

Cool down break here, too. I just finished staining my front deck. Before that I was helping my neighbor fill the ground where he used to have a pool sitting. I should be riding my bike instead of all this work that needs to get done, lol.

So I have no clue yet what is for dinner. Maybe I'll go to my goto dinner, grilled chicken wings.

Plan A is to go to Longhorn with Andy and his SO. :D

Plan B, which I assume we will be going with, is to have breakfast for dinner. I have been practically craving bacon and over-easy eggs all week. If I get ambitious I might also make French Toast. :cool:

I nixed the grill plans. Seems like I'm getting grilled out or something and I wanted to grill or Q something tomorrow, so no grilling tonight. I'm going to fry up a mess o perch instead. I just bought some "homemade" potato salad to go with the fishies. Undecided if I'll make fries or not.

I am going to eat re-runs and watch leftovers. SYFY is having a Twilight Zone Marathon today. It is too hot and humid to be outside anyway.

it is very hot again today. not in mood to mess with much. i found a recipe for thai chicken in the crock pot. easy peasy. it is cooking away for a late dinner. slept til noon so schedule is askew. ice cream for dessert .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom