Sunday Dinner - Mar 1/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I'm working tonight and have NO idea what we'll make to eat there. However at home it is musgoe night. There is some 13 bean soup, some pork chops, I'm not sure what all else is in there, but its all got to go. So much for a big Sunday dinner huh? Tomorrow night I'll make something nice and inspired. Today, gotta clean out that fridge!

Oh, there will be a big giant chef's salad to go along with all that other stuff too.

Have a hankerin' for some piggie so...

I'm going to heavily coat a boneless pork loin with garlic salt and herbes de provence and roast just until done. We'll have mashed sweet potatoes with cinnamon and honey, a large baked Vidalia onion, iced tea and the last of the cut-out cookies for dessert.

Grilled chicken thighs and we will split a giant baked sweet potato. Some of the thighs will be used for a different meal. We will be moving the contents of the 3/2-1/2 with 2 car garage house to a 2/1 with 1 car garage house. Talk about putting 20# of s... into a 5# bucket, even after the moving sale!:ohmy::ROFLMAO: The bright side is the smoker, Egg and 22.5 weber will have a nice patio to call home.

SO came home with a fresh baguette so we decided to have that with some tapenade, cheese, pickled peppers and pepperoni. Some wine in a pretty glass will make it look so cool.

If I'm hungry later (haha) there is some carrot cake waiting for me.

I SO have a craving for steak on the outdoor grill...so we'll be having Must-Goes. We have both a glut of leftovers and a glut of snow. So much snow, in fact, that we could probably store the leftovers in the snow. :ermm: :LOL:

The pizza and the pot roast will go. If needed, we'll start on the leftover jerk chicken. I don't expect to be cooking a full meal until Tuesday.

On a snow covered evening I prepared a pot of Oyster Stew. Instead of a canned stew, I used a can of Cream of Potato Soup and added a can of whole oysters, liquor (juice) and all. Adding a couple of pats of butter to it and a side of club crackers, it's has been very pleasant.

Meager pickin's today. Leftover taco flavored ground beef, some onion, shredded cabbage mixed with some rice and salsa. Looks like its grocery shopping tomorry.

Ding dong, lasagna's gone. I keep telling DH that I'm not going to cook anything new until we also get rid of the musgoes.

We're having grilled Rib Eyes with onion/mushroom Orzo and grilled asparagus.

It's been pouring rain (woo hoo) and cold outside for us. When I'm grilling in a sweatshirt under cover later, I'll be counting my blessings. Warm hugs to you CG!

Last edited:
Grilled salmon, rice pilaf, steamed green beans, maybe salad some nice crusty bread (ala Costco). Lemon Meringue pie for dessert.?

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

DH wanted comfort food so we're having Grandma Hazel's Sauerkraut Pie, a casserole she made for the farm hands (and the dish that made me not hate sauerkraut). Just browned ground beef and onions, topped with sauerkraut, then mashed potatoes and baked.

A pkg of frozen corn is draining and I'll fry it up in some butter. And a salad. Rocky Road Häagen-Dazs for dessert

DH wanted comfort food so we're having Grandma Hazel's Sauerkraut Pie, a casserole she made for the farm hands (and the dish that made me not hate sauerkraut). Just browned ground beef and onions, topped with sauerkraut, then mashed potatoes and baked.

A pkg of frozen corn is draining and I'll fry it up in some butter. And a salad. Rocky Road Häagen-Dazs for dessert

I just had to comment on this. I had a Grandma Hazel too, and she made the same thing. :ohmy::LOL:

Leftover leek-potato-cauliflower soup with salad, (mix of greens, radishes, dried cranberries, pistachio nuts, blood orange segments, yellow sweet pepper) and dressed with blood orange olive oil, EVOO, dark chocolate white balsamic vinegar, juice of 1/2 blood orange, S&P. I am addicted to the dark chocolate vinegar...it is really tasty on cantaloupe and bananas...even though I don't like bananas.

Back
Top Bottom