Sunday dinner, March 25th, anyone cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No cooking here tonight! I have a fridge full of leftovers that have to be dealt with by Tuesday or else!!!!!

Kim hasn't been feeling so hot the last couple of days, and really didn't want to cook tonight, so he picked up a roasted chicken when he did the shopping today. He also brought home some fresh broccoli, which I'll braise in chicken broth, and we have left-over mac & cheese that needs to be eaten.

Still feeling too weak to cook (& can't taste or smell), though I feel I should eat something other than soup (for the last five days or so). So... I have 'bout 1/2 pkg of Barilla-like shrimp scampi (no noodles) that I'll put together w an all-in-one dish of shrimp, broc, mushrooms, green beans, red peppers. On the side, I'll add a Thai sesame noodle dish (made by Knorr?).

Unfortunely dinner was a cup of chicken boullion followed by a bowl of pineapple Jello, (I'm on the clear liquid diet today):mad:
Gee, I think beer is a clear liquid isn't it?:ROFLMAO:

redkitty said:
The boy just made a lovely vegetable soup for me, he had 2 big bowls and I just had a sip of the broth. I'm coming off a ten day fast and cant eat the soup until tomorrow night. But it tasted and smells wonderful!! I can't wait to eat food again!!!!

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday dinner!!
intriqued about your fasting

kitchenelf said:
I think I'm leaning towards an Asian-style salmon burger on a bed of greens lightly dressed with a sesame oil vinaigrette then serve a side of wasabi coleslaw with it. At least at this moment that's what I'm having. :chef:

Boy it didn't take you long to figure out your meal!:LOL: And it sounds deeee-lish! I wish my family's palette was more refined. My DH might be game, but the girls definitely would not! :ermm:

We had London Broil w/dijon-rosemary-garlic, casear salad & EVOO/rosemary new potatoes. That's about as "exotic" as they'll go.

I don't know how all of you can come up with such great meals at the last minute. I plan my meals a week at a time.

Last night I just cooked up a batch of commercial "Four-Cheese Tortellini", tossed it with half-&-half mix of butter & extra-virgina olive oil, & served it with a baby spinach salad.

JohnL said:
Unfortunely dinner was a cup of chicken boullion followed by a bowl of pineapple Jello, (I'm on the clear liquid diet today):mad:
Gee, I think beer is a clear liquid isn't it?:ROFLMAO:

Can you see through it? If you can it's clear!

We ended up making these Asian type chicken wings (grapefruit juice, hoisin, among other things), wasabi slaw, and roasted steak fries with a rosemary butter drizzle. It was waaaay more work than I wanted to do but I was talked into it - what can I say, I'm a sucker for hungry kids!

Last night I made baked panko crusted chicken tenders with buttered carrots and mashed potatoes. I washed it down with a nice white Bordeaux and followed that up with a brownie and coffee. I was one happy camper last night.

Back
Top Bottom