Sunday Dinner - May 20/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Well, its clean out the fridge night for Ken. Neither of our girls is going to be home for dinner and I'm heading to work shortly.

Dinner at work will be chicken stirfry by request of the client who's headed home tomorrow. OM NOM NOM!!

Family dinner with my parents, we are having lasagna. I enjoy a good lasagna.

I'll be making chicken cacciatore with homemade marinara sauce and spaghetti, with a green salad. Last night, we each had a slice of banana-nut bread for dessert - DH put chocolate fudge sauce on his and I put Nutella on mine. Delish.

Chicken pot pie with Biscuit top, extra biscuits with butter and jam. I poached one chicken breast and the veggies together. I still need to make a sauce and then in the oven it goes.

I had some leftover chicken wings around 2:00 and am not that hungry myself. Maybe a bowl of cereal later.

I chanced upon an Oriental market on the way home from an out of town meeting Friday, and I was like a kid in a candy store. We don't have them around here. I picked up a bunch of stuff I had no idea with what to do!

I put together a soup of pho cubes, soybean sprouts, fish and soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, fresh ginger, lime juice, red pepper flakes, sliced green onions, and a beaten egg. It is really good! Will probably add some brown rice when we have it tonight.

Last edited:
I'm about to grill a steak (it's a new week, I can have red meat again!), a side of steamed broccoli, and for dessert, cantaloupe.

My son took me to Texas Road House for Mother's Day tonight. I had a small Sirloin steak, Baked Potato, Saulted Mushrooms and Onions with a House Salad. It was most excellent.:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom