"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-04-2007, 02:15 PM   #11
Sous Chef

I have a bunch of veggies. I think I want to make some sort of Asian Salad, maybe put a little bit of noodles in it and/or shrimp. Katie, I'm just starting a big pot of marinara so I can have some in the freezer during the busy Holidays coming up. I can't wait for the smell to start bubbling up!

Old 11-04-2007, 02:36 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
CJ - I sent you a PM.

Katie - I LOVE to make spaghetti that way too!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:02 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
CJ - I sent you a PM.

Katie - I LOVE to make spaghetti that way too!
Got it and thank you..DH is going to grin for a week

kades
Old 11-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #14
Executive Chef

We went out to lunch after church with two other couples. I had 1/2 salad since I'm making most of our dinner to celebrate birthdays for my dd and sil. I'm roasting a pork tenderloin, sweet potato casserole, roast asparagus, and some biscuits I found in my grocery freezer, Mrs B's tea biscuits. Mrs. B was my mother's neighbor until a few months ago when she retired. The biscuits are delicious - about half the size of a normal biscuit. DD is bringing a salad and a yellow cake with chocolate buttercream icing.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

I am making a Hot and Sour Shrimp soup that I found on here. I am making Monster Cookies for dessert.
Real Reason - There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good. (Storypeople.com)
JenMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #16
Master Chef

Today is a lazy day - Mom wants a chili-dog with lots of grated cheddar and french fries (she loves those frozen oven-fried things) and a 7-Up. I'm going to "nuke" some leftover pizza and have a couple of cold brews while watching the Cowboys game.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #17
Head Chef

I'm having the turkey tenderloin that I've tried to re-season in a ton of stuff, with carrots, onions and taters.

Thinking about getting the sourdough starter going for this season's batch of friendship bread.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #18
Head Chef

I made a roast chicken stuffed with herbs and lemon, with roast veggies, dressing and green beans. The house smells like thanksgiving morning......
Old 11-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #19
Head Chef

Pizza Pie for us. I usually use pre-made refrigerated biscuits for the crust, but since I couldn't find them I made some from scratch and they turned out even better than expected.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:50 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

i had to redeem myself after yersterday's disastrous lentil, chicken and sausage dish, so i went with a tnt, shrimp and scallops in a spicey/garlic
tomato sauce, served over whole wheat cappelini.

i felt much better tonight, having made something tasty for dinner. i made the sauce from about a dozen of the last tomatoes from my garden, first browning a whole head of garlic and a large diced shallot, then in went the peeled/seeded/chopped tomatoes, and finally some basil.
when the sauce started to thicken, i blended in a heaping tbsp or two of paste to get the consistency right, then tossed in a pound each of scallops and cleaned shrimp. it was delish.

it was light years better than my lentil, chicken, and sausage crapola. it started out ok, but i tried to go too far and ruined it. after adding some jamaican curry powder, i wanted to add some depth and intended to put in just a pinch of cinnamon. at the critical moment, i was distracted and ended up dumping in about a tbsp.
yuk! the cinnamon took over the whole dish, so i tried to bury it somewhat by adding other spices, which only made matters worse.

so, like a trooper, i dumped in a load of hot red pepper flakes and habaneros, and i'll eat the now throat searing dish by myself.

this whole week.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote