Sunday Dinner Oct. 15th !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
No ones eating today ? this is late for a thread but - we are having pot roast with all the trimmings, mashed potatoes, sliced tomatoes and hot bread. Dessert will be chocolate chip bars ! Have a nice evening all ! :)

we are having fried chicken that after frying I place on a cookie sheet I've sprinkled with garlic powder,salt,springs of rosemary and pieces of butter, as I remove the chicken from the pan to the baking sheet, I sprinkle again with garlic,salt, dot with butter and when all is on the pan I put white wine over each piece, I don't drown it in wine but a light sprinkle, bake about 45 min at 325 and it's good to go..With it today roasted fingerling potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, baked sweet dumpling squash, salad and garlic butter cresent rolls, yup from a can:LOL: no dessert, but i'm baking some cinnamon rolls for the kids breakfast tomorrow.
kadesma:)

We're having breakfast tonight. Bacon, cheese grits, eggs (srambled for me & fried for hubby & the kids)& I can't decide between pancakes or waffles. I think I'll go with pancakes, I'm too lazy today to drag out the waffle iron.

mmm, breakfast sounds great for dinner, however I have a pot of chili simmering away right now and then I'm going to make some cornbread.

We're having re-runs from last night...hot turkey salad sandwiches. I did a little twist on a recipe from this months's Taste of Home that was supposed to go in the crockpot. I'll post my recipe...it's quite tasty.

We had pot roast, carrots, celery and potatos....mmm, and we'll probably have it tomorrow night also. :)

+ warm chocolate chip cookies.

Roast pork loin--bone in, w/herbs and garlic, roasted mini Yukon white potatoes, sauteed haricots verts, blueberry pie. The roast was so especially good that, by the time I finished my pie I could barely move! :pig:

bullseye said:
Roast pork loin--bone in, w/herbs and garlic, roasted mini Yukon white potatoes, sauteed haricots verts, blueberry pie. The roast was so especially good that, by the time I finished my pie I could barely move! :pig:
I could go for a piece of Blueberry pie right now---Yum

Well, it was going to be French Onion Soup and ham/cheese sandwiches.....then I decided to take the chicken off the bone from last night and just have chicken salad sandwiches - then I realized I don't have any celery for the chicken salad - so now it might just be a can of chili (exciting I know - don't be jealous!).

I just may add some celery seed and salt and still have the chicken salad - but it's almost too late for dinner!!! lol

Bracciola, meatballs and a huge pot of 'sunday gravy'....Brought some to my daughter at her dorm, gave some to Lou to bring home, and made a pound of shells for my son.

Had some homemade apple pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert. I got a slice!:-p

VeraBlue said:
Bracciola, meatballs and a huge pot of 'sunday gravy'....Brought some to my daughter at her dorm, gave some to Lou to bring home, and made a pound of shells for my son.

Had some homemade apple pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert. I got a slice!:-p

Now THAT'S what I call a Sunday meal!!!!!!

Didn't cook tonight. Went to the cheesecake factory for dinner:D . 35th Wedding Anniversery:heart:. Avacado Eggrolls with tamarind-cashew dipping sauce, Mango Iced Tea, Steak Diane with mushroom wine sauce, mashed potatoes and grilled onions for me, Fettucini with chicken sundried & tomatoes with a garlic-parmasan cream sauce for my wife. Fresh banana cream Cheesecake for me and she had brownie sundae cheesecake.

Happy 35th Anniversary chiefwms!!! I'm having breakfast for supper tonight if I feel like getting up amd fixing it. Guess I should as the steak is thawed already.

dh got home tonight as I was putting the kids to bed, so he made dinner. I came out of the kids room and he laughed "We're having chicken quesadillas, salad and cous cous." :LOL: Kind of a funny combination but it was good and he made it in about ten minutes. Dessert was a meal without kids, I actually got to have a conversation with my dh without interuptions. He made a fire tonight too and after dinner we sat infront of it for a while. Ah, it was nice.

kadesma, how is your dh doing?

corazon90 said:
dh got home tonight as I was putting the kids to bed, so he made dinner. I came out of the kids room and he laughed "We're having chicken quesadillas, salad and cous cous." :LOL: Kind of a funny combination but it was good and he made it in about ten minutes. Dessert was a meal without kids, I actually got to have a conversation with my dh without interuptions. He made a fire tonight too and after dinner we sat infront of it for a while. Ah, it was nice.

kadesma, how is your dh doing?
He is really doing well, he had 3 pieces of chicken and even got into the cinnamon rolls I made for the kids breakfast tomorrow:LOL: So all is well. Thanks for asking Cora.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom