Sunday Dinner Oct. 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
What are you folks planning for dinner this Sunday just two months before Christmas?

I'm making chicken parmesan with spaghetti.

Thanks for the reminder, Andy! :ermm:

We are doing salmon on the grill today. I will also grill some asparagus (unfortunately not wrapped in bacon this time :(). Not sure if we will have salad or raw veggies but no starch for sure!

Haven't decided, something with chicken. I just made SOS and it turned out great! Won't be hungry again for a few hours.

There is Italian sausage and bagged salad left over from the weekend, so I'm going to make pasta e fagioli (pasta and beans) soup with Italian sausage; green salads and garlic bread on the side.

I'm using a five-year-old quart of turkey stock from the freezer in the soup :LOL: I'm really going to work on eating out of the freezer this week.

Going to fire up the hibachi grill and cook a ribeye. Probably with a salad.

I used the last of the garden cucumbers I picked last week and made a dish of "summer pickles". Nuked a bowl of beef stew while watching football. It was pretty good today.

003.JPG

Jenny-O Turkey Breast Tenderloin
Roasted Broccolini with Olive oil and S&P
Roasted Banana Squash, YAY! I've been waiting for this to come in!
DH did not care for the squash, but he ate a little.

Chicken and Italian sausage paella, with a green salad on the side. Not as good as the versions that include seafood, but I'm making a big batch to have leftovers, so want to have a little longer fridge life.

I have some chunked cod defrosting and trying to dream up what to do with it, low carb.

I have little individual casseroles I want to use. Any ideas?
Kayelle, I am probably too late but I am sure you can adapt this one to your casseroles. I did use the parchment the first time I made it but used a lid instead the second time and they both turned out great. Oh, and I left out the pesto the second time too because I didn't have any.

Baked Garlic Cod on a bed of Wilted Pesto Spinach Recipes | Ricardo

I have some chunked cod defrosting and trying to dream up what to do with it, low carb.

I have little individual casseroles I want to use. Any ideas?

Lemon and butter, baked with a lid of grated parmesan, garlic and parsley.

I was going to suggest the same thing PF did - and maybe add a layer of panko or other bread crumbs for SousChef's serving.

Tonight's dinner was leftovers from last night. Grilled chicken and potato salad, and steamed another helping of green beans.

Thanks so much ladies for the great suggestions. I've made notes for next time. :yum:

I decided to mix up some mayo, lemon juice and zest, lots of dill and garlic granules from Penzy's. I coated the fish chunks and poured the rest over the top, adding some sliced green onion just before it was done. Used a very hot oven, and the broiler at the end. It was really, really good. Crusty bread for the juice would be spectacular! I just drank it. :LOL: Why not?

img_1441651_0_dcbaf3aafbffa1e6ffd2669b28226ddf.jpg

The soup turned out great mmmm. Very good. Next time, I'll make sure I have ditalini or tiny shells to put in it. All I had was orzo. It was good, but a little more substantial pasta would be better.

DH will be doing an education thing at a local park tomorrow and is looking forward to taking some of the leftovers with him.

Attachments

• 1445825927236.jpg
    1445825927236.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 179
This was so very nice! It was of a church dinner and there were many nice foods!

Uncle Nicu ate the most of the very nice vegetables and the salads. There were lasagne, spaghetti, pork chops, baked beans, fried chicken, cole slaw, potato salad, squash casseroles, and many other nice food!

We are too filled to move very much so we must watch of Justin's nice movies of the TV, yes?

~Cat

GG, I bet the soup turned out so good because you used aged broth. ;)

Himself was out doing his astronomy thing, and I figured he'd come home chilled to the core. I made a full recipe of Chickpea and Romaine soup, but I used Swiss chard in place of the romaine. I also subbed a leek for the onion because I have some I have to use. We've had this before with the romaine and onion; this version was just as good. As in, one Grab-it bowl of leftover good. :yum:

Attachments

• 2015-10-25 21.30.30.jpg
    2015-10-25 21.30.30.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 163
Oh my...fabulous looking pics, everyone! :ohmy::yum:

CG, I just saved the chickpea soup recipe you posted - sounds very good. I think I would sub a sturdier green for the romaine as well.

KL, that looks fab!
Did you write that down? Could you share the specifics?

Thanks Kgirl, but no I didn't write it down..it was my usual method of add, taste, add taste. ;)

I printed out LP's recipe though and I will definitely be buying more frozen Alaskan Cod chunks from Trader Joe's as the quality is there for a very reasonable price. That recipe sounds killah. :yum:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom