Sunday Dinner? (October 17/10)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For us it's roast fresh ham and red potatoes. haven't decided what else yet.

If I hurry, it will be bbq pork chops in the slow cooker. If I don't hurry, it will be bbq pork chops in the oven. I prefer the slow cooker because I need them really tender for Dad.

Well, I didn't act fast enough for either of these so we are having steak, baked potatoes and sliced tomatoes/cucumbers.

Chocolate mousse for dessert! :chef:

I was going to have some left over beef stew - but it's getting late and I"m not sure what I'm doing. The family went to a circus today and we ate junk there and I also had a late lunch consisting of a yummy tuna fish sandwich and broccoli soup. Than close to what would of been dinner time, our neighbor gave us a bag of pears from his pear tree and I couldn't stay away from them. :LOL:

Leftover scalloped potatoes (with chopped ham in it), corn on the cob for James, and spinach for me. Well, I'll probably throw a corn on for me too. :cool:

:)Barbara

I went shopping and decided to eat before I started, so I wouldn't buy out the store. I had deli meatloaf with gravy and mac n cheese. Shrek wants cream of wheat for dinner, with chocolate and peanut butter stirred in.

I made chicken and rice casserole with sweet corn that I had frozen from earlier in the season. I just pulled a carrot cake out of the oven so we'll have a late dessert once it cools enough for me to frost it. At least since all the kids are in bed we can enjoy it in peace. This is the first time I've made a carrot cake from scratch, we'll see how it went. Our apartment sure smells good!

We had good ole greasy ground beef taco's with extra sharp cheddar cheese, home grown juicy tomatoes and shredded cabbage. I found extra large corn tortillas that made me happy! They were as large as a small flour tortilla. Hope they keep making those. Yumm Yumm

Ohhh, pass that carrot cake this way Snickerdoodle.......my favorite.

Last edited:
Pan fried steak topped with onions & sliced mushrooms (sautéed in butter with spices, a splash of Magi seasoning & burgundy wine), buttered steamed cauliflower and salad.

img_928219_0_120284155e3208dbdda93106297ffd62.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom