Sunday dinner plans, December 3rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Last night, I made 'tender meat' for my son and his girlfriend. {Which means I didn't go home after all.} Along with the natural gravy it makes while cooking slowly all day, and mashed potes just because both kids love them, brocolli topped with bacon and lot's of shredded cheese {they have so much left over from Thanksgiving} and cranberry sauce for them, more baked apples for me. Very good dinner but maybe it was the batch of margarita's that made it taste so good.

I am for sure going home today, sometime, so dinner plans betcha, will be Mexican with my husband when I do return home. No cooking for me, I'm lettin someone else have all the fun...:dry:

What is anyone else doing for supper?

Today is DH's birthday so we went to the 'Ouzeri' (an Ouzo and meze place). We drank the winter chill away for most of the afternoon. The mezedes (hor' deurves) were excellent. So I will not be cooking dinner. Instead will have fruit and yoghurt.

boufa06 said:
Today is DH's birthday so we went to the 'Ouzeri' (an Ouzo and meze place). We drank the winter chill away for most of the afternoon. The mezedes (hor' deurves) were excellent. So I will not be cooking dinner. Instead will have fruit and yoghurt.

send some ouzo my way please, I'm cold!................:LOL:
and happy happy birthday to your DH....................
my son's is Tuesday.................what were my husband and I thinkin? must have been cold that night.............:ROFLMAO:

LEFSElover said:
send some ouzo my way please, I'm cold!................:LOL:
and happy happy birthday to your DH....................
my son's is Tuesday.................what were my husband and I thinkin? must have been cold that night.............:ROFLMAO:
Thanks for good wishes! Happy birthday to your son too! As for the ouzo, I will drink it on your behalf to his health!

My son was born today. I often think of him as my little income tax return child (March-December= 9 mos). He is away this year. I'll light some candles and send wishes his way. He'll be surprised when he calls and puts in his order for a feast on his homecoming. It is a cheerful day and I'll make a special meal to declare this a birthday celebration.
Happy Birthday to all your loved ones. I cherish the giving thoughts you are sharing.

Hi everyone, i'm new :)

Well..I had pizza at noon, so it's going to have to be oats for dinner. But tomorrow, i'm thinking of making something special, not sure what yet though.

StirBlue, Many Happy Returns of the Day to your Sagi son! Today is indeed a day of happy thoughts for us. May your reunion with him be the best ever!

Take your pick...

Spaghetti, meatballs, sausage (hot and sweet) and braciolla, garlic bread.

Chicken cutlets, sauteed spinach, roasted beets.

Braised brisket with roasted potatoes.

That is for for the week. Anyone can come by and find something to eat at their leisure. I have more work this week than I can shake a stick at...and I may have to hit up an orthopedist as well. Swollen knee again, making walking very very difficult.

Like Vera, we also have take your pick tonight:

One each of a grilled meaty chicken thigh, a pork chop, or small Omaha Steaks hunk o' sirloin.

I will be making the green bean casserole to pull the family back together, along with more salad.

PeppA isn't feeling to good, and with the cold weather, I'm making some Chicken Rice Soup. I've also got another loaf of Banana Bread going right now, and it's starting to smell GOOD!

boufa06 said:
StirBlue, Many Happy Returns of the Day to your Sagi son! Today is indeed a day of happy thoughts for us. May your reunion with him be the best ever!

I moved to this neighborhood about five years ago. While walking my dogs, I have discovered many plants such as apricot trees and grape vines in abandoned lots. This is an older section of town and the greatgrandparents live here. I know some greek people who live in our city. I am thinking of researching this. Why, this area will become the new riverfront project in a few years and all will be gone. Can you give me any clue as to what types of drinks were made from these plants. I'm thinking brandy and wines.

Stoffers Mac and cheese (frozen dinner) and cottage cheese on top of 2 Pear halves.
I had an Orange earlier and an apple for breakfast.
Marge

StirBlue said:
I moved to this neighborhood about five years ago. While walking my dogs, I have discovered many plants such as apricot trees and grape vines in abandoned lots. This is an older section of town and the greatgrandparents live here. I know some greek people who live in our city. I am thinking of researching this. Why, this area will become the new riverfront project in a few years and all will be gone. Can you give me any clue as to what types of drinks were made from these plants. I'm thinking brandy and wines.

I make an aromatic apricot liqueur from apricot seeds. If you are interested to try, I can give you the recipe via PM. As for wines, it's rather an involved operation. My husband's family used to own vineyards and make wines and wine distillates.

Back
Top Bottom