Sunday Dinner Sep. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any plans I had of cooking supper were dashed by a pinched nerve in my back. All I did was lean forward in a chair. :huh:

I spent most of the day in bed, and I can walk now, but that's about all. I should be okay to cook by tomorrow.

Looks like a lot of good food in Today's Menu today! :yum:

CD

That turkey breast is really spectacular Andy!!

I have some thin pork slices I cut from a pork loin roast, and I'll be doing them Katsu style. I'll put together some Katsu dipping sauce and serve it with fried rice including lots of veggies.

Wish I had a piece of that pie Andy.

Attachments

• P9020058[1].jpg
    P9020058[1].jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 127
Oh WOW Ross!! What a find with a place like that. I'd pass on the exotics too but the rest of their products look spectacular. I'm drooling over all the sausages choices.

Wish you had a picture of your Kicken Hillbilly Grillers.:yum:
Kayelle and K-Girl...

I'll pop by the market and snap some pics of their display.. :)

Ross

Went to a new, to me, butcher shop.. They have a processing plant and two retail outlets..
In addition to the usual selection of quality meats, they boast exotics, such as, alligator, frog legs, wild boar, rattle snake and more..
https://www.horrmannmeat.com/home.php

Not being into exotics, I chose 2 really scrumptious looking, thick pork chops and something called "Kicken Hillbilly Grillers." Sirloin tips seasoned with a bit of heat, wrapped in bacon..

I grilled the Grillers today and they were pretty darn good.. :yum:

I will fry the pork chops in a day or two..

Ross

Is there a list of products? All I can find are prepared foods and such and lists of meats in general like beef, pork etc. I don’t see any sausages listed.

Is there a list of products? All I can find are prepared foods and such and lists of meats in general like beef, pork etc. I don’t see any sausages listed.
Unfortunately they do not have the best thought out website..

They could better serve themselves by posting pics of the really impressive display of products offered.. The actual meat cases are interesting and make me want to try a variety of what they produce..

Ross

You call it a mess... I call it a centerpiece [emoji7]

Can you post the recipe for GF's Decadent Garlic Bread? :yum:
+1
Alligator... tastes like chicken. Rattle snake... tastes like chicken. Save money, buy chicken. :LOL:

CD
+1

I was quoting a bunch of other posts but it just became too much LOL! Everything looks AMAAAAZING guys. That turkey, hmmm.

Well done guys, pasta looks really neat and as said - holds sauce!

I made Chef John's Deviled Lobster Tails... mehh...
Good, but not WOW. Certainly easy enough. Probably would have been better served with rice but it was getting late and my friend & I decided just a green salad would do.

Although exactly 5 minutes under the broiler and about 6" down, I thought they were still maybe overcooked and a bit chewy. My friend thought they were perfect.

The cucumber bed under the tails was a disaster, we just pushed those aside. Field cucumbers that were woody inside.

Attachments

• 20180902_190448.jpg
    20180902_190448.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 20180902_190456.jpg
    20180902_190456.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 115
We had our usual summer holiday weekend menu - grilled ribeyes, baked potatoes, and salads. Watermelon & strawberries for dessert. Same for today.

Here's the list MsM...
westStore.jpg
The West Store
Hörrmann Meats
1537 W Battlefield
Springfield, MO 65807
417.886.MEAT (6328)

eastStore.jpg
The East Store
Hörrmann Meats
3250 E Battlefield Ste H&J
Springfield, MO 65804

takeHomeBoxes.jpg

At our East location you will find our Take Home case. We enjoy cooking and creating new meal options for those of you that are on-the-go. Below you will find a listing of the items we carry on a normal basis. We are always trying out new recipes and expanding the offerings in this case, so check the store often for new recipes!

Our West location has a selection of these items available in the freezer. We do our best to keep everything in stock at both locations, however a few of the items are made fresh on a daily basis and the West location may not have them available. Just drop by or give us a call to find out what we have!
Meals
  • Herb & Garlic Grilled Chicken w/ mixed veggies Whole 30 Compliant
  • Duck & Broccoli Stir Fry Ground duck with a savory sauce made with ginger, garlic, red pepper and coconut aminos Whole 30 Compliant
  • Hamburger Steak w/ Garlic Mashed Cauliflower & Sauteed Mushrooms Whole 30 Compliant
  • Beef and Cabbage Stew This stew tastes like an unstuffed cabbage roll. We use our own bone broth also! Whole 30 Compliant
  • Chicken Burrito Bowls
  • Steak Burrito Bowls
  • Pulled Pork Sandwich
  • Smoked Meatloaf Sandwich
Sides
  • Cheesy Corn Our own recipe that incorporates our brisket burnt ends
  • Cheesy Potatoes Grandma’s recipe kicked up a notch!
  • AR Green Beans Green Beans with a sweet & savory sauce and bacon
  • Pimento Cheese Our own special recipe
  • Marrow Butter We take the marrow from making bone broth and package it. Amazing on steaks!
  • Loaded Potato Salad This potato salad has a Ranch based dressing with bacon, green onion and cheddar cheese....all made from scratch!
  • Bacon/Gouda Mac n' Cheese This Mac n' Cheese is made completely from scratch with a Gouda cheese sauce and plenty of bacon. (Available with Cheddar cheese by special order only.)
Other items
  • Bone Broth Made from the bones of our dry aged hanging quarters, it is very rich and full of amazing flavor

Brats, Sausages, & More

We make all of our brats and sausages from scratch either in our stores or at our processing plant. You can be sure you're not getting any fillers with our products. Here at Hörrmann Meats, we also enjoy creating new and interesting products for our customers. Check in at our stores often as we are always creating new choices!
Traditional

• Jalapeno & Cheddar A flavorful pork brat that is not too spicy and not too mild...it's just right!
  • Cheddar
  • Beer, Onion, and Bell Pepper We use Mother's Brewery Lil' Helper IPA in this pork brat.
  • Chili Cheese A pork brat that tastes like you're eating a bowl of chili with cheese on top.
  • Habanero Heater If you like heat, you'll love this pork brat.
  • Big Kahuna This is a sweet pork brat that combines brown sugar and pineapple chunks.
  • Bacon Pepperjack A pork brat that has a good amount of bacon as well as pepperjack cheese.
  • Philly Cheese Steak This beef brat contains all the fixings for a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich.
  • Mushroom Swiss
  • Brat-a-Changa A pork and chicken brat combined with black beans, tomatoes, and mexican seasonings to create a one-of-a-kind brat.
  • Gyro-Style A lamb and beef brat with the traditional seasonings of a Gyro sandwich.
  • Bacon Cheeseburger Brat
  • Pizza Brat

Sausages

• Authentic Hot ItalianAuthentic Mild Italian
  • Tomato & Parmesan Italian
  • Banger A sausage common in the UK, this is a very mild pork sausage that is fantastic on it's own or with "mash" (mashed potatoes).
  • German Traditional German Sausage.
  • Polish Traditional Polish Sausage.
  • Pork Andouille This pork sausage packs a punch! Formulated after the spicy Louisiana favorite.
  • Crawfish Andouille Same as the Pork Andouille, we just added some crawfish tails!.
  • Chicken Andouille Same as the Pork Andouille, we just make it with Chicken instead!.
  • Chicken Bacon Ranch Chicken sausage with bacon, cheddar, and house-made ranch seasoning.
  • The Grecian Chicken sausage with feta cheese, sundried tomatoes and a healthy dose of spinach!
  • The Lumberjack Pork breakfast sausage links with syrup and peanut butter.

Loose Sausages

• Chicken Breakfast Sausage
  • Bacon Breakfast Sausage
  • Pork Sausage Patties
  • Pork Sausage Links
  • Pork Breakfast Sausage with Sage
  • Hot Pork Breakfast Sausage
  • Medium Pork Breakfast Sausage
  • Mild Pork Breakfast Sausage
  • Sugar Free Pork Breakfast Sausage
  • Pork Chorizo
  • Chicken Italian Sausage
  • Italian Pork Sausage

Some more of our own creations...

• Stuffed Pork Loin A pork loin stuffed with our own italian sausage, spinach and 4 cheeses.
  • The Bada-bing! A whole, boned-out chicken stuffed with italian sausage, spinach and 4 cheeses.
  • Meatloaf
  • Jalapeno & Cheddar Meatloaf Our meatloaf reciped loaded up with jalapeno and cheddar cheese.
  • Meatballs A mixture of veal, beef, and pork combine with seasonings to make a great meatball you can add to your favorite pasta dish or enjoy on their own.
  • Marinated Sirloin and Pork Steaks We have our own Southwest marinade or Teriyaki marinade that we use to marinate Sirloin steaks and pork steaks.
  • Stuffed Burgers We have multiple varieties of stuffed burgers…2 of the favorites are Schmurgers (Stuffed with Legacy Bagelry's Schmear) and the Wisconsin (stuffed with cheddar cheese curds).
  • Bacon Burger We grind in 25% bacon with our ground beef to create this masterpiece.
  • Hillbilly Grillers Grillers are cubes of Sirloin, stuffed with either cheddar cheese or Habanero Ghost Pepper cheese (we call those "Kickin'" Hillbilly Grillers!), wrapped with bacon, seasoned and skewered.
  • Bacon Bomb This creation is a chicken breast, pounded out flat, stuffed with a cheese mixture, rolled up and wrapped with bacon.
  • Pork Cheezy-Rizo Our own Pork Chorizo Sausage mixed with Cheddar Cheese, rolled up in a Pork Loin and covered in Bacon.

Exotics

• Alligator
  • Frog Legs
  • Ground Venison
  • Ground Elk
  • Ground Wild Boar
  • Python
  • Rattlesnake
  • Rabbit
  • Shark

We had breakfast for supper meal. Baked French toast casserole, sausage patties, and an egg - runny for Himself and over medium for me. Ground pork was on sale for $1.59 a pound, and I have a sausage seasoning mix I'm still adjusting. It was a wee bit spicy. Some grapes for color. IMG_20180902_201924578.jpg

Back
Top Bottom