Sunday Dinner Sep. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I smoked a turkey breast with applewood chips. We had lyonnaise potatoes and steamed broccoli with the turkey.

Dessert was a new recipe I tried for chocolate peanut butter pie and vanilla ice cream.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_533a.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_533a.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 190
Looks nice Andy!

I pulled a leftover lasagna package out of the freezer yesterday. Will add garlic bread and sauteed zucchini with garlic....I'm sure there was garlic in the lasagna!

Nice job Andy, save me a piece of that skin!
Roasted some red pepper's today, will BBQ NY Steaks, rice & peppers.

That turkey breast is really spectacular Andy!!

I have some thin pork slices I cut from a pork loin roast, and I'll be doing them Katsu style. I'll put together some Katsu dipping sauce and serve it with fried rice including lots of veggies.

Went to a new, to me, butcher shop.. They have a processing plant and two retail outlets..
In addition to the usual selection of quality meats, they boast exotics, such as, alligator, frog legs, wild boar, rattle snake and more..
https://www.horrmannmeat.com/home.php

Not being into exotics, I chose 2 really scrumptious looking, thick pork chops and something called "Kicken Hillbilly Grillers." Sirloin tips seasoned with a bit of heat, wrapped in bacon..

I grilled the Grillers today and they were pretty darn good.. :yum:

I will fry the pork chops in a day or two..

Ross

MMMMMM! Turkey skin with salt and lots of black pepper...

Tonight we are having pasta with tomato sauce, baked lemon cod, greens from a farmers market, gf's decadent garlic bread
GF bought this bag of pasta called radiatore..neat stuff, they really hold the sauce...the garlic bread was loaded with butter so I had to pour the rest of the fishy butter juice on my plate so soak up some more..sorry for the mess. We were at a market today and I don't like refrigerating root veggies..one, they tend to rot quicker and two, I forget they are there..so, I leave them out and they usually get eaten sooner.

Attachments

• 40607235_308048449998869_7607468412247212032_n.jpg
    40607235_308048449998869_7607468412247212032_n.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 40643628_1189074501233517_5438065012105019392_n.jpg
    40643628_1189074501233517_5438065012105019392_n.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
GF bought this bag of pasta called radiatore..neat stuff, they really hold the sauce...the garlic bread was loaded with butter so I had to pour the rest of the fishy butter juice on my plate so soak up some more..sorry for the mess. We were at a market today and I don't like refrigerating root veggies ..one, they tend to rot quicker and two, I forget they are there..so, I leave them out and they usually get eaten sooner.

You call it a mess... I call it a centerpiece [emoji7]

Can you post the recipe for GF's Decadent Garlic Bread? :yum:

Last edited:
You call it a mess... I call it a centerpiece [emoji7]

Can you post the recipe for GF's Decadent Garlic Bread? :yum:
I guess..along with veggies and fruit, our centerpieces usually consist of keys, mail, and who knows what else...:LOL:
She melts butter in a frying pan and sautees the garlic butter in it, and lets it cool a bit..then, she soaks the cut sides of the bread in the garlic and butter, then broils them until they toast up to our liking..easy, just loaded with butter, which is why they taste so good...

Last edited:
Andy, I never thought to put my product on a quarter sheet to smoke it!
I'm stealing that one!
Andy, do you have an photos of that pie and/or a recipe?
That sounds like something DH would go for!

Beth your Sunday Supper sounds super!

S&P, I'm always up for a steak!

Kayelle, you had me at Katsu, but then Fried Rice too, oh baby!

JC, Ross, we need some photos, those Grillers are hard for me to picture in my mind's eye...

Roch, wow! That table looks a~maz~ing and those pasta shapes are so cool!!!

As for our Sunday Supper ...
I had made up some Meatballs the other day,
so that's what it is!

001.jpg

DH has requested Thick Spaghetti with Red Sauce and Ciabatta from TJ's.

Dessert later will be TJ's Belgian Chocolate Pudding topped with whipped cream (the canned sort :yum: cheap and friendly :LOL:)

Went to a new, to me, butcher shop.. They have a processing plant and two retail outlets..
In addition to the usual selection of quality meats, they boast exotics, such as, alligator, frog legs, wild boar, rattle snake and more..

Not being into exotics, I chose 2 really scrumptious looking, thick pork chops and something called "Kicken Hillbilly Grillers." Sirloin tips seasoned with a bit of heat, wrapped in bacon..

Ross

Oh WOW Ross!! What a find with a place like that. I'd pass on the exotics too but the rest of their products look spectacular. I'm drooling over all the sausages choices.

Wish you had a picture of your Kicken Hillbilly Grillers.:yum:

GF bought this bag of pasta called radiatore..neat stuff, they really hold the sauce...the garlic bread was loaded with butter so I had to pour the rest of the fishy butter juice on my plate so soak up some more..sorry for the mess. We were at a market today and I don't like refrigerating root veggies..one, they tend to rot quicker and two, I forget they are there..so, I leave them out and they usually get eaten sooner.

Love the cute pasta. I've never seen it before.
Radiatori are small, squat pasta shapes that are said to resemble radiators. Although it is rumored that they were created in the 1960s by an industrial designer, their invention was actually between the First and Second World War. Wikipedia

I'm with K !!
That butchers shop you've got looks fantastic!
I'll take a coupla Stuffed Pork Loins, Bada-bings, Hillbilly Grillers (the ones that don't have the Ghost peppers please), Bacon Bomb, and RABBIT!!! I love that!
We had a place down in Southern Arizona, very similar. They also did American-Italian style sandwiches too, mmm!

Heh, I think I'll save that site and go back to see if I can make similar dishes...

i smoked a turkey breast with applewood chips. We had lyonnaise potatoes and steamed broccoli with the turkey.

Dessert was a new recipe i tried for chocolate peanut butter pie and vanilla ice cream.
oh my yum!

Dinner was roasted Cornish hens, mashed potatoes, stuffing, steamed broccoli and pan gravy.

cornish_hen_090218_1_IMG_4819.jpg

cornish_hen_090218_2_IMG_4825.jpg

Andy, that smoked turkey breast is a thing of beauty. :yum:

Lots of interesting things on this evening's dinner thread! Ross, I checked out the link you posted - what a good find! I'm not much into exotics either, but I haven't had frogs legs in a while and would probably try a few.:) Looks like a fun place to browse.

I was going to grill some chicken thighs, but got involved with other things. :rolleyes::LOL: Dinner ended up being a tuna melt on rye and the last of the watermelon.

Ross

Alligator... tastes like chicken. Rattle snake... tastes like chicken. Save money, buy chicken. :LOL:

CD

Back
Top Bottom