Sunday Dinner - Sept 11/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Ten years today. Wow. I will remember.

Tonight I'm leaving pork bits in BBQ sauce in the crockpot for the family. They will serve it with rice and a salad I hope.

At work, I'm making Indian tacos. Now please don't everyone get politically correct or change the name or anything. The kids I work with are Aboriginal, and this is THEIR name for supper. They will make the bannock and I will make the taco meat. We'll top them with all the usual fixings, just using bannock as our wrap.

It's lookin and smellin like deer stew! Irish Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Onions, Turnip Roots, and Rutabagas...Maybe a few (par boiled to get the funk out) carrots to make the little brown-eyed girl happy. ~~~ Pistolettes or Jalapeno Cornbread?....No decision has been made yet........

OMG, jalapeno cornbread to go with that lovely dinner. It sounds delish! Even if I started now I suspect it would be long gone by the time I got there. I'll just drool and imagine how tasty it will be UB. And what's for dessert???;)

There will be left overs....I'll save you a bowl....

Dessert? Maybe a very tiny bit of Chocolate Ice Cream....we've been cutting back on da sugar.

Sometime today I'll be heating up some of the Cincinnati chili I made last night and serving over pasta, topped with cheddar cheese. I'm getting hungry again now though... I'm sure I'll have some other "fillers" in there somewhere.

My husband wants ribs again! Guess I will need to go to the store. Tonight we will be smokin!!

Tacos or burritos. I'll decide later if I want crunchy shells or baked in rolled up flour tortillas.

Grilled flank steak, dutch oven potatoes and a salad.

I don't think splenda or other artificial sweetener will work well in ice cream. Sugar is a major contributor to the texture of the finished product.

Ma's Sunday is moving right along. Hot artichoke dip with tortilla chips, deep fried zucchini, platter of garden heirloom tomatoes, with marinated mozzerella, avocados and thin sliced sweet onions.White rice with pork and green pepper stew hot bread with butter, chocolate chip cake topped with ice cream. That's it for today and like the rest of you I'll never forget.
kades

My noonday dinner didn't leave much room in the way of snacking throughout the day... not at the moment anyway. :pig:
I was pretty happy with my first attempt at Cincinnati chili.

Attachments

• Cincinnati chili.jpg
    Cincinnati chili.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 224
Timothy said:
I'd be very interested in how this turns out for you. If it turns out well, I'd love to have the recipe.

As a person who is a one-person-household, I love to get new recipes for small meals.

I say "attempting". My lasagnas normally feed way more than two people, and we have absolutely NO freezer space! I will do a downsized version of a regular lasagna. I got inspired by the cooking for two thread.

I say "attempting". My lasagnas normally feed way more than two people, and we have absolutely NO freezer space! I will do a downsized version of a regular lasagna. I got inspired by the cooking for two thread.

What caught my eye was when the poster said they could pile it higher. Nothing wrong with an extra layer of lasagna :chef:

pacanis said:
My noonday dinner didn't leave much room in the way of snacking throughout the day... not at the moment anyway. :pig:

That looks really authentic and downright delicious!

That looks really authentic and downright delicious!

Thank you Dawg :)
Maybe I should have sat on my tailgate and eaten it, then I could double post it :LOL:
I'll be making it again. I've seen folks talk about Cincy chili, but never tried it myself. It's more like a sauce. I like it.

So what's the verdict on the cocoa? It really gives it a nice rich flavor?

Dinner will be pasta TBD with broccoli, garlic and EVOO sauce topped with fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses and salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom