"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2017, 07:10 PM   #11
Head Chef

Football....all day and this evening... so

Hot dogs, beans and chips... Cookies for snacks.. Cake later..

Ross

Old 09-10-2017, 07:41 PM   #12
Certified Cake Maniac

Steamed bell peppers stuffed with ground turkey. I think I will make rice as well.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:51 PM   #13
Master Chef

My son and partner came for dinner tonight. She is from a small town outside Leeds, UK. We had a roast beef dinner and my son made up these puddings.

Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:09 PM   #14
Executive Chef

OMG, Rock! I haven't seen popovers like that since.... oh wow - my Mom could make those just like that!
Old 09-10-2017, 09:12 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
Stupid autocorrect, didn't realize it had changed Margherita to margarita.

We've always eaten pretty well, even with Andrew. Craig had charcoal and propane, so since we didn't have a genny then, we had to cook everything in freezer or lose it. We and the neighbors ate very well on lobster since we had a freezer full from diving, as well as other associated food items. We just all pooled together and had good meals even though we had to use coolers and ice to keep food from spoiling.

After we got the genny, we had power to keep food cool and frozen, as well as.use the buffet burner, toaster oven and microwave, so we've eaten well since.

Like I told DD when she was making fun of me for my cooking frenzy, why not use up what you have instead of buying peanut butter and other canned goods.
My parents have a generator and two side-by-side fridge/freezers. When Ike hit, they lost power for a few days, but had plenty of food that they cooked on the gas grill.

You don't need a whole lot to get by. A generator and a good grill can keep you well fed -- even when you have half of a big oak tree resting on your roof.

CD
“It was curious to think that the sky was the same for everybody, in Eurasia or Eastasia as well as here -- people ignorant of one another’s existence, held apart by walls of hatred and lies, and yet almost exactly the same.” -- George Orwell, 1984
caseydog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:19 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
Stupid autocorrect, didn't realize it had changed Margherita to margarita...
I think I like the autocorrect version better. Glad to hear things weren't too bad by you. Slowly hearing from friends and family, mostly via Facebook, all letting us know they're OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
Football....all day and this evening...
We actually got to watch the Browns' game today. Didn't give me one bit of indigestion...unlike the two Ohio State games so far. Bonus: the Browns now have the same record as the NFL Champs, the Patriots. For this week, at least.

I think we cleaned up the last of the leftovers. Before those, however, I made loaded salads with bacon, egg, Queso Fresco, celery, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms...plus greens. Loverly really enjoyed her salad!

"If you don't use your head, you gotta use your feet."~~~more Mom
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:27 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Click image for larger version

Name:	9-10-2017_menu_board.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	27850

Name:	meat_pie_091017_1_P1100224.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	27851

Name:	meat_pie_091017_2_P1100230.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	27852

Name:	ribs_091017_1_P1100231.JPG
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	27853

Name:	ribs_091017_2_P1100235.JPG
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	27854
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:52 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
We actually got to watch the Browns' game today. Didn't give me one bit of indigestion...unlike the two Ohio State games so far. Bonus: the Browns now have the same record as the NFL Champs, the Patriots. For this week, at least.
I didn't get to see that game, although I am a somewhat more pleased with the outcome.

CD (Body in TX, heart in Steelers Nation)
“It was curious to think that the sky was the same for everybody, in Eurasia or Eastasia as well as here -- people ignorant of one another’s existence, held apart by walls of hatred and lies, and yet almost exactly the same.” -- George Orwell, 1984
Old 09-10-2017, 11:13 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Big Ben is starting to show his age. Either that, or the Clowns finally have a defense we might be proud of someday. Also, Kizer looks like he just might develop into a credible NFL QB. We don't see many games, what with living in Pats territory, so it's hard to compare. At least Kizer didn't look lost, spooked, or scared. The kid needs to learn to get rid of the ball faster, though.

"If you don't use your head, you gotta use your feet."~~~more Mom
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:15 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Big Ben is starting to show his age. Either that, or the Clowns finally have a defense we might be proud of someday. Also, Kizer looks like he just might develop into a credible NFL QB. We don't see many games, what with living in Pats territory, so it's hard to compare. At least Kizer didn't look lost, spooked, or scared. The kid needs to learn to get rid of the ball faster, though.
I was blown away by TJ Watt. He may just be as good as his big brother JJ Watt. Two sacks and an Interception in his first NFL regular season game.

CD

Tags
dinner