Sunday Dinner the Ides of March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi RP- don't think we have met? So hello!

Yeah, I Googled Tiger Tiger and realised that "simmer sauce" is what we call "curry paste". :)

Except it's not the paste, it's the sauce, all you add is the veggies or meat. I cook up the chicken and then add the sauce in to simmer for 20-30 minutes to allow the sauce to blend with the meat or veggies.

Look up Patak's brand of sauces for a better idea. Sorry about the link.

My choices for flavor are:
jalfrezi
korma
Madras
rogan josh
tikka masala
vindaloo

I tend to stick to the medium and mild curries. I have some curry powders, but using the sauces are quicker and makes two meals for me.

I was going to do this a few nights ago, but changed plans. We'll be having some company for dinner, so tonight's the night. We'll have mashed spuds and salad with it.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/my-favorite-company-chicken-recipe-67489.html

Turns out our company for dinner fizzled out with all of them sick with the creeping crud going around. I was disappointed at first but we sure don't need to get sick too.:sick: No No No!!
I won't have to cook again for a week!

The Ides of March and no one is serving Caesar Salad?

I'm nuking a largish slice of spinach quiche from the freezer. Sliced heirloom tomatoes on the side.
Caesar salad is such a good idea (which I never thought of), that I put it on my calendar.

Yeah, I Googled Tiger Tiger and realised that "simmer sauce" is what we call "curry paste". :)
That's what I have always seen them called. I know PF makes some sort of distinction, but many of Patak's curry pastes don't require anything but the addition of meat and possibly some veg.

Thanks to tinlizzie and Frank and everyone else here who uttered the words "Caesar Salad", and especially to all my despicable Facebook friends who dared post photos to their status updates, I caved in. Good thing I had romaine lettuce, et al. And yes, we did "et al".

Attachments

• 2015-03-15 22.46.59.jpg
    2015-03-15 22.46.59.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 165
Slice steak sandwich - thinly sliced USDA prime cut London broil. Seasoned and seared quickly on cast iron stove top grill pan. Served on buttered baguette with creamed spinach on the side.

Thanks to tinlizzie and Frank and everyone else here who uttered the words "Caesar Salad", and especially to all my despicable Facebook friends who dared post photos to their status updates, I caved in. Good thing I had romaine lettuce, et al. And yes, we did "et al".

:LOL::LOL: I do so love your sense of humor. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom