Sunday Dinner the Ides of March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
This is the day we have our once a year corned beef "boiled dinner". Carrots, cabbage, onions and potatoes too.

I just got a small corned beef as they were fairly expensive. I expect to see them reduced in price sometime after Tuesday. Then I'll buy two or three for the freezer.

What's on the menu for you?

This is the day we have our once a year corned beef "boiled dinner". Carrots, cabbage, onions and potatoes too.

I just got a small corned beef as they were fairly expensive. I expect to see them reduced in price sometime after Tuesday. Then I'll buy two or three for the freezer.

What's on the menu for you?

This is us too, only a larger corned beef because we like the leftovers for Ruben sandwiches. I'm also baking 3 loaves of ciabatta bread, One to serve with dinner and one to give to my brother-in-law and his wife. The other day sitting in the bar over a beer the subject came up, so I promised him a loaf.

More squid.

The squid yesterday was out of a pack of frozen squid and I forgot to put the pack back in the freezer so I decided on squid stuffed with mushrooms in a tomato and olive sauce. I over-did it with the seasoning and it's biting my tongue!

Would be nice with rice but couldn't be bothered

I'm headed out for a curry simmer sauce, have not decided on which style I'll be going for.

I made Horseradish and Mustard Beef Casserole, with mashed potatoes, mange tout and baby sweet corn. I've become a bit jaded with casseroles (stews) lately, as I cook them all through the winter, but this recipe was a new one from the latest Good Food Magazine, and it's a winner! :yum:

Leftover stuffed pasta shells from last night, and a salad.

I'll probably go get my corned beef dinner fixins' later on today.

I spatchcocked two chickens, sprinkled them with adobo and cumin, then marinated them in mojo criollo. Fired up the Egg and they will go on shortly. One is for dinner tonight and the other will be used later. Having black beans, rice and maduros (super ripe and very sweet, fried plantains).

We bought a whole packer corned beef. Part of the flat will be used for a boiled dinner. With the point and rest of the flat, I am making pastrami.

The Ides of March and no one is serving Caesar Salad?

I'm nuking a largish slice of spinach quiche from the freezer. Sliced heirloom tomatoes on the side.

There are many brands, here is a Google Search: https://www.google.com/search?q=curry+simmer+sauces&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I like the Tiger Tiger Brand I can get at the import market.

Unfortunately, I got "Error! Bad Request!!" when I clicked on that.

So, is this a particular curry spice blend that you like? (When you said you were "headed out" I thought you were off to a restaurant, but I couldn't reconcile that with you needing to choose the "simmer sauce ")

I have a feeling this is one of those "cross pond translation" issues! So whichever one you go for, I hope you enjoy PF. :)

Unfortunately, I got "Error! Bad Request!!" when I clicked on that.

So, is this a particular curry spice blend that you like? (When you said you were "headed out" I thought you were off to a restaurant, but I couldn't reconcile that with you needing to choose the "simmer sauce ")

I have a feeling this is one of those "cross pond translation" issues! So whichever one you go for, I hope you enjoy PF. :)

It's a sauce in a jar that you buy at the supermarket, then simmer your own meat in it.

The Ides of March and no one is serving Caesar Salad?

I had a Caesar salad on the side. ;)

We bought steak for yesterday but we ended up too tired to deal with that. So tonight we had steak cooked at 129F in the sous vide then a quick sear in cast iron.

Kathleen made loaded baked "potatoes" with cauliflower, bacon, onions and cheese.

A Caesar salad does sound good. Decided on Zatarain's Low Sodium dirty rice mix with spelunked previously cooked ground beef and onions and frozen pepper chunks. No chicken livers or gizzards were harmed, or even considered, in the process.

Leftovers. One very small portion of fried rice, and then we're done with the take-out. There is a generous, one-person portion of pork with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. Finally, two small portions of fried cod. Do I make coleslaw, or just go with a salad. Decisions, decisions...

Back
Top Bottom